Hunty

Hello everyone!

I hope somebody can help me with this. So my new rig so far:

-i5 4670k Possibly OC with Corsair H100i

-R9 280x OC 3gb.

-Gigabyte z97 UD3h

-1SSD/1HDD

-8 gb Kingston Hyperx ram 1600hz/cl9

I think the whole system will use around 480 W But correct me if i'm wrong! Sadly i already overspent my budget, so i am looking for the best price/performance ratio right now:) The budget is around 90 dollars!

CPU: i5 4670k MB: Gigabyte Z97x UD3H  Ram: 4*4 Gb Hyperx Fury  GPU: Asus RoG GTX 1070 Case: Corsair Carbide Spec01 Storage: 2TB HDD/120gb Samsung 840
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex 750w Display: Benq GL2460HM CPU Cooling: Corsar H105 2*SP120

Hello everyone!

I hope somebody can help me with this. So my new rig so far:

-i5 4670k Possibly OC with Corsair H100i

-R9 280x OC 3gb.

-Gigabyte z97 UD3h

-1SSD/1HDD

-8 gb Kingston Hyperx ram 1600hz/cl9

I think the whole system will use around 480 W But correct me if i'm wrong! Sadly i already overspent my budget, so i am looking for the best price/performance ratio right now:)

If you want great performance for little money, go with EVGA SueperNova series PSU's :D 

An 80+ Gold 550w one is fine, like the CS550M or RM550. or you ccan get some 600w 80+ bronze PSU.

-snip-

If you put them into PCPartPicker it will give you an estimated wattage.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6nx2WZ

Around 413W.

I'd get the 4690K instead, it will overclock better.

Get this PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx500

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If it is about money then scrap the SSD as it isn't needed.  Also you could go with a cheaper air cooler, Hyper 212 Evo or similar, to save you some money and still get some awesome temps.  Do not cheap out on the psu.  Look at what Antec and SeaSonic have to offer.  Antec often has affordable options moreso than SeaSonic.  In regards to the cpu if this is a gamer's only build you could go with that new Intel cheapy cpu, the G3258, that kicks butt for now and then replace it later on when you have more money. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I cant recommend anything but Seasonic. I have had no issues with mine, unlike my Corsair which sadly died about 6 months after purchasing. 

Not to say that Corsair is bad though!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This is true OP

An 80+ Gold 550w one is fine, like the CS550M or RM550. or you ccan get some 600w 80+ bronze PSU.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

If you put them into PCPartPicker it will give you an estimated wattage.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6nx2WZ

Around 413W.

I'd get the 4690K instead, it will overclock better.

Get this PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx500

Sadly in my country, the price difference between the two cpu is pretty huge, around 100+ dollars -.-

CPU: i5 4670k MB: Gigabyte Z97x UD3H  Ram: 4*4 Gb Hyperx Fury  GPU: Asus RoG GTX 1070 Case: Corsair Carbide Spec01 Storage: 2TB HDD/120gb Samsung 840
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex 750w Display: Benq GL2460HM CPU Cooling: Corsar H105 2*SP120

Sadly in my country, the price difference between the two cpu is pretty huge, around 100+ dollars -.-

That is rather unfortunate. I'm sorry, I was not aware of the situation.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That is rather unfortunate. I'm sorry, I was not aware of the situation.

Don't be sorry, no problem at all, i am happy that this community is so helpful and nice! :)

Don't be sorry, no problem at all, i am happy that this community is so helpful and nice! :)

Welcome to the forum. I hope your stay here is long and pleasant.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Get a 550w and you are golden. Let us know your budget and location/preferred website and we might suggest a few good ones. I can highly recommend the Cooler Master V550S.

If it is about money then scrap the SSD as it isn't needed.  Also you could go with a cheaper air cooler, Hyper 212 Evo or similar, to save you some money and still get some awesome temps.  Do not cheap out on the psu.  Look at what Antec and SeaSonic have to offer.  Antec often has affordable options moreso than SeaSonic.  In regards to the cpu if this is a gamer's only build you could go with that new Intel cheapy cpu, the G3258, that kicks butt for now and then replace it later on when you have more money. 

Well, i already got the SSD, and i got the H100i as a present from my friend, becouse he bought a full circle watercooling system, and he no longer needed it. I will look into seasonic, and Antec, thanks for the advice:)

Get a 550w and you are golden. Let us know your budget and location/preferred website and we might suggest a few good ones. I can highly recommend the Cooler Master V550S.

My budget is around 90 dollars, and i live in Hungary:)

Hunty, on 15 Jul 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

My budget is around 90 dollars, and i live in Hungary:)

Any particular website i can search for? What are the available options for that price point over there?

Any particular website i can search for? What are the available options for that price point over there?

Well, u can search from this: www.arukereso.hu/tapegyseg-c3158/

or from this: http://ipon.hu/webshop/group/tapegyseg/449/ Both website is cheap. The budget is 20.000 Ft(more or less) The second website gives 5 year warranty for corsairs, maybe VS650?

Or this Chieftech? http://ipon.hu/webshop/product/chieftec_gps_600a8_600w_dobozos/215945

If you can stretch your budget a bit, I found this to be the best that is closest to your budget. I have no idea if the price is correct or not. http://www.arukereso.hu/tapegyseg-c3158/cooler-master/v650-rs-650-amaa-b1-p221032932/

But if you can't, just look for any Seasonic, XFX or Antec psu around 500w-650w

or the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX600B or corsair CX600v2 are also quite decent.

If you can stretch your budget a bit, I found this to be the best that is closest to your budget. I have no idea if the price is correct or not. http://www.arukereso.hu/tapegyseg-c3158/cooler-master/v650-rs-650-amaa-b1-p221032932/

But if you can't, just look for any Seasonic, XFX or Antec psu around 500w-650w

or the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX600B or corsair CX600v2 are also quite decent.

Thanks, i think i will buy the coolermaster v650! :)

Go for a Corsair semi modular around the 600W mark, cheap and reliable, and keeps your cable management tidy. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Go for a Corsair semi modular around the 600W mark, cheap and reliable, and keeps your cable management tidy. 

Thanks, it turned out, that the CM v650 is the G650m in the store, so the v650 is out of my budget.

**** Corsair!  Go with Antec or SeaSonic and you will be happier.

**** Corsair!  Go with Antec or SeaSonic and you will be happier.

Because all that matters are the brand names, right?

Because all that matters are the brand names, right?

I trust these brands more than Corsair and I can in fact say that I have seen more people mentioning problems with Corsair psus on LTT than the other brands I mentioned.  

Also it is a known fact that Antec and SeaSonic are top quality brands so I have no problem pushing people towards their psus.

Your computer would be fine on a good quality 550W PSU. I would guess it would pull around 380W in games, maybe a bit more if everything is stressed to 100%.

For comparsion this website said they got 403W with a 8350 and 280X in BF4.

http://stablecomputer.com/power-consumption-analysis/

Whereas this site had a graph showing the power consumption of a 4670K system:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2013/06/12/intel-core-i5-4670k-haswell-cpu-review/6

With your $90 budget I'd look at a Corsair or Seasonic PSU. The SeaSonic S12G S12G-650 can be found for around $90 and I think it has all of the connections you need with 650W output.