MakerBot 3D printers now available in a dozen Home Depot stores

Dietrichw

actually,the typical hobbyist grade 3d printers are no different than they where a couple years ago. The metal printers you hear about cost upwards of $100k. No real reason not to get into it now.

Have you seen the metal capable ones and the new layered model? (not sure on the brand) Then the sizes you can print now are much bigger.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

damn, not in my store, oh well. maybe one nearby soon if it works out

We have three different brands of 3D printer at Micro Center and we've been playing around with the MakerBots for months. Way ahead of you, Home Depot.

Yea but you're not in Canada so eat shit microcenter! (pls come to canada)

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Have you seen the metal capable ones and the new layered model? (not sure on the brand) Then the sizes you can print now are much bigger.

i have seen those, the problem with those is that they are industrial grade 3d printers. They are not something your buy and put in your house. They are what a company buys for rapid prototyping or in some cases finished products. I believe it will be at least 15 years before we see those kinds of 3d printers even show up in the hobbyist market. 3d printing has actually been around since the 1980's and the main reason we are seeing it so much lately is because of how cheap and available relatively powerful ic's like arduino have become

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz