MakerBot 3D printers now available in a dozen Home Depot stores

Dietrichw

Source

Home Depot 3D printer page

home-depot-makerbot-3d-printer-1.png

The Home Depot's core business revolves around helping you craft things, so it stands to reason that you'd eventually find 3D printers there, doesn't it? Sure enough, that's what's happening today. You can now buy MakerBot's Replicator line at both the retailer's online store as well as a dozen brick-and-mortar locations spread across California, the greater Chicago area and New York City. In addition to hosting elaborate kiosks like the one you see here, shops will have staff on hand to both demonstrate 3D printing and give you keepsakes in hopes of clinching a sale down the road. It's tough to know if the Home Depot's gamble will pay off -- at last check, most people don't expect to find printers sitting alongside doorknobs and drill sets. If nothing else, it shows that the technology has a market outside of office supply stores and other places you might associate with run-of-the-mill 2D printing.

3D Printing sensual toys :)

No.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

No.

Actually people are doing that. 

I am a happy wuffy

They look uncomfortable. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You should have warned me to open it in private mode

a site called "makerlove" what do you expect it to be? dora x barbie fanfiction or somesheit lol

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

You should have warned me to open it in private mode

Why did you link me to the front page? Here is what you're looking for - http://makerlove.com/Free-3D-Sex-Toys/index.html

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Cool. Now I won't have to buy filament online!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Dammit. I have been able to resist the urge to buy a 3d printer thus far because I had to actually go specifically order one. But if they are going to be sold in a place I frequent, I fear I will not be able to contain myself...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

MakerBots are overpriced.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Oh and hopefully customers understand that the lower costing versions ($1,500 to about $3,000) do not use ABS. And honestly, they make very shitty projects.

Oh and hopefully customers understand that the lower costing versions ($1,500 to about $3,000) do not use ABS. And honestly, they make very shitty projects.

It's really better to just get a PrintrBot Simple Metal at that price range. Gorgeous results and no bed leveling required. Quite an ingenious design.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

We have three different brands of 3D printer at Micro Center and we've been playing around with the MakerBots for months. Way ahead of you, Home Depot.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

There are better options out there then the maker bot, Well in my opinion at lest.

It´s also a terrible choice for a beginner, mainly due to it´s price. I´d suggest looking at the DIY Printers or the sub 1000 USD/GBP/Euro printers like my Weistek or WANHAO Duplicator (wish i got this one)

Just my two cent, but in the end i think DIY kits are the best on the long run.

We have three different brands of 3D printer at Micro Center and we've been playing around with the MakerBots for months. Way ahead of you, Home Depot.

My god do you work at Micro Center too???

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

no horse model booo

*cough* google *cough*

My PC

*cough* google *cough*

what, you think i havent already done that? :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

what, you think i havent already done that? :P

Well i bet you musta seen the Pr0n that was there lol

My PC

I would never buy one at this point, their tech is changing so fast if you buy one today in 3 months is a pile of crud compared to what the next gen will be. I prefer to pay those who have them to print for me. The new one's capable of metal printing are tempting.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Well i bet you musta seen the Pr0n that was there lol

maaaaaaaybe

I would never buy one at this point, their tech is changing so fast if you buy one today in 3 months is a pile of crud compared to what the next gen will be. I prefer to pay those who have them to print for me. The new one's capable of metal printing are tempting.

actually,the typical hobbyist grade 3d printers are no different than they where a couple years ago. The metal printers you hear about cost upwards of $100k. No real reason not to get into it now.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz