Cool tech: Imogen Heap's Mi.mu gloves.

Mokshai

So I wasn't sure where to put this (or whether it has been covered yet - I did look and found nothing) but I thought this was a really cool and interesting piece of technology. 

Imogen Heap is an english singer/songwriter/producer/composer and over the last couple years she has been writing a new album and one of her projects were her Mi.mu gloves. The gloves feature a midi input so they can be used by basically an application that takes midi input such as Reason or Abelton or any DAW like that.

The link for the gloves can be found here: http://mimu.org.uk/ She also posted a Kickstarter page which has now ended but explains the gloves in more detail: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mimu/mimu-glove-for-music

Imogen took her gloves and made it her goal to write a piece of music using only them, as well to free herself from her many instruments while playing live, and she accomplished her goal. Below is the finished product of her endeavors. 

My point for posting this is because of the aspect this can have on us for gaming. I understand that other inputs for gaming have been discussed before, including gloves, but these kind of take it to a new level. They're wireless and have so many sensors on them. Accelerometers, gyroscopes, gesture detection - the works. I think pairing something like this with a VR headset and possibly a kinect (which Imogen does - she uses it to map the stage and her location) and you could have a truly immersive experience.

Anyways, just thought this was a really insteresting piece of tech. Take what you want from it :3

Would it hurt to masturbate with?

(srs que guis dun h8)

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I saw her on several videos long time ago, and their gloves were fantastic, she showed a lot of what they can do. She always wanted the product to be completely open, for everyone to build their own and implement them on whatever ways we can imagine, code she used was open source too. I didn't know there was a Kickstarter project for them, I'm sorry the project didn't reach funding :(

If this is really accurate it would be a cool addition to all the other VR devices that are required to have a great VR experience. Seriously they should have marketed these gloves as VR gloves first and then gloves for music because more people care about gaming than music and I would have loved to see these made. There are other similar products but remember that competition can only be a good thing!

Would it hurt to masturbate with?

(srs que guis dun h8)

I don't it would hurt but the music that playing from your motions would certainly be interesting. Especially the change in tempo. :P