Turning of rad fans

Go to solution Solved by Unhelpful,

Hi guys just want to know if it is ok to completely turn of the radiator fans on my AIO water cooler? What I mean by this is, is it ok if  I set the fan curve be at 0% until the cpu is over 47 degrees and then let it ramp up accordingly.

Should be fine. I know a lot of people go that route. I believe Linus uses a hardware fan controller to have the fans on his PC completely off until he reaches a certain temp.

Hi guys just want to know if it is ok to completely turn of the radiator fans on my AIO water cooler? What I mean by this is, is it ok if  I set the fan curve be at 0% until the cpu is over 47 degrees and then let it ramp up accordingly.

Should be fine. I know a lot of people go that route. I believe Linus uses a hardware fan controller to have the fans on his PC completely off until he reaches a certain temp.

Sure. 

Ok thank you. I just wanted to make sure that nothing will happen to the actual radiator unit due to it not having any air flow through it.

Be sure to have minimal airflow for your passively cooled components -> hard drive, RAM, VRM.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Be sure to have minimal airflow for your passively cooled components -> hard drive, RAM, VRM.

I have 3 other fans in my case. 1 which is always at full speed to cool the HDD, then one in the top that is always running at full as an exhaust. And the third one is in sync with the GPU temp.