Contests on LTT should partially be geared towards regulars.

DeViLzzz

I was thinking of a sort of small icon but yeah, that's true.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post?id=643235

Sure, we'd have to shuffle the ranks around but you get the idea. Thats one way to recognize both post count and active service. audizine has a similar system, your time as a member and post counts get you two different sets of titles. We could have similar. 

I mean, for reference I was a Fabled Mythic Member over on Bnet, a combination of being there a long ass time (as an active poster) and simply posting a crap ton. No reason we can't have that if people want that level of recognition for their services. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post?id=643235

Sure, we'd have to shuffle the ranks around but you get the idea. Thats one way to recognize both post count and active service. audizine has a similar system, your time as a member and post counts get you two different sets of titles. We could have similar. 

I mean, for reference I was a Fabled Mythic Member over on Bnet, a combination of being there a long ass time (as an active poster) and simply posting a crap ton. No reason we can't have that if people want that level of recognition for their services. 

Exactly what I was thinking. It seems like a fun system though I'd personally like for distinctions for long standing lurkers as well: I don't expect everybody to participate but if they read often while speaking only rarely to me they're still valued members of the community.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Exactly what I was thinking. It seems like a fun system though I'd personally like for distinctions for long standing lurkers as well: I don't expect everybody to participate but if they read often while speaking only rarely to me they're still valued members of the community.

Yup, thats why I think Bungie had it nailed perfectly. Even if you are a lurker, you got a tag as the years went on. You didn't need to post a lot (or ever, that was only for main tags), but you weren't crapped on for lurking. 

Hell, we could even have "lurker badges" that honor those that click on articles a lot but never comment. 

Its programming on the backend and I have no idea if @LinusTech would even consider such a venture, but I think its just a cool little thing to have. 

I still think OP is being...well, foolish. You start excluding one group; where do you stop? 

I lot of people don't spend a lot of time on the forum for whatever reason (no time/don't like forums/attend other forums or whatever) but they still may be huge fans of Linus work/ watch the WAN show regularly and I thing excluding them from give-aways is wrong.  

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.