Intel : Piracy (separating fact from ficiton)

qwertywarrior

this is a bit old but still relevant

i thought it would be better to post here 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction

it pretty much shows the Bullshit Ubisoft is spewing out of their mouths

Why the flare up?  Ubisoft’s CEO (Yves Guillemot) recently made the following statement that created quite a stir and put a spotlight on this issue that’s been picked up all over the news.

“On PC it’s only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it’s only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It’s around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage. The revenue we get from the people who play is more long term, so we can continue to bring content.”

When we see and read articles from industry leaders stating things like this I have to say ‘perhaps not so fast’.  Clearly, in Ubisoft’s experience, something is going on leading them to believe that less than one in ten gamers is legit & paying for their content; and the other nine are pirating it.  To be fair, you have to read the entire article to get the full context.   (Please see the Reference section provided at the bottom of the thread for just a few of the articles I referred to for this piece).   In short: Yves makes a case for the Free to Play business model, but is also chomping at the bit for a next gen Console release believing in the false hopes that that it’ll somehow reduce Piracy.  I’ll prove why this won’t be the case later.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i know its a repost thats why i said it was  old :P

i just thought of positing it in the pc gaming section for people who havnt seen it

it is a good read

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i know its a repost thats why i said it was  old :P

i just thought of positing it in the pc gaming section for people who havnt seen it

it is a good read

Wouldn't have seen it without this post, actually.

Nice read, I enjoyed it.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i