Best racing progression games?

Donimater2

I want a game where you have to work up from the lows to reach the highs in a racing environment.

Most racing games nowadays aim for an easy experience which is just boring.

Any suggestions?

Need for speed shift 2

toca race driver 2 or 3 (older games but very good)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on the PS3 with the Logitech GT racing wheel. 

Very specific, but still a great game/controller interface and progression. 

For PC, I really have not found much. Maybe others have been more successful off steam?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

test drive unlimited 2

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on the PS3 with the Logitech GT racing wheel. 

Very specific, but still a great game/controller interface and progression. 

For PC, I really have not found much. Maybe others have been more successful off steam?

Yeh on PC there isn't much unfortunately :(

I loved to play this, and I still do, however its not the best gaming ever

Overspeed or LA Street Racing

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Dirt 3 is fun, not sure if it's what you Ware looking for

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I want a game where you have to work up from the lows to reach the highs in a racing environment.

Most racing games nowadays aim for an easy experience which is just boring.

Any suggestions?

Formula 1 2013 on medium to high difficulty. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

If you open to console play, Forza with all assists off and Manual with a clutch is a nice challenge. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

If you open to console play, Forza with all assists off and Manual with a clutch is a nice challenge.

^^

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Only reason I have a 360

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

You REALLY would want ACR (AutoClubRevolution)

Similar to Forza, I am using an Xbox360 controller.

*Note these video's are slightly old now, game has had updates and things added since then.

You Start with a Lemon, racing is quite fun even with the lower end cars (you can set races to use low end opponents only as well)

Progression is pretty good, yet slow, but not a huge grind either.

I've been in the Beta for years, they are pre-testing their 2.0 Beta atm which just finished, but their current beta client is fast and pretty stable, and will be upgraded again soon to their new beta (has new visuals and features also) when they iron out new issues.

Trailer

Simracing channel discussion

F2P Review

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you want very competitive online racing where finding opponents is not an issue, look into iRacing for PC.

It is very expensive ($12 a month and you have to pay for extra tracks and cars outside of the rookie league) but if you are serious about sim racing it is worth it.

It is online only and dont even think about playing without a wheel with FFB.

The progression works by licensing - you start with a rookie license for oval and circuit series, as you race you get additional points for clean laps and podium finishes and you subtract points for incidents/crashes or losing control.

As you progress through the license ranks which can take a very long time, you can race with higher performance cars and you also race against a higher tier of opponents while aiming for the professional league.

Other players take it pretty seriously and there is a steep learning curve, iRacing can be very frustrating but very rewarding!