Frys Uses LTT Videos On Their Webstore

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

I made those videos for Corsair to share with their retail partners. It's not a review or anything. The content belongs to Corsair, so if FRYs is using it, it's all good.

So apparently Frys.com has been using a lot of Linus' videos on their webstore for their Corsair Cooling product pages. I thought this was interesting!

If you don't know what Frys Electronics is: They are a large retailer of electronics, and the biggest one that I know of in Arizona. They are the one of the few places here in Arizona that have a huge variety of products, and their warehouses are generally HUGE. They are a bit like NCIX I suppose.

They usually put his videos under the product specifications. Places like Newegg and TigerDirect usually have their own videos in their pages, but Frys just went ahead and used Linus' videos.  

Here are some examples: http://www.frys.com/product/7570096?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

http://www.frys.com/product/7896859?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

@LinusTech

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

A lot more sites have been using Linus' videos it seems.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The worst part about this is that they've apparently downloaded the video and it put it in their own video player

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I don't see a problem with this, Fry's doesn't claim their videos are theirs. They also did not re-upload to their own account.

Basically Linus is getting more publicity, more ad-sense revenue, and more hits on his videos. This is a good thing.

Holy f**K they don't even have the decency to link to the original video, what scum bags.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I don't see a problem with this, Fry's doesn't claim their videos are theirs. They also did not re-upload to their own account.

Basically Linus is getting more publicity, more ad-sense revenue, and more hits on his videos. This is a good thing.

It looks like they reuploaded the video to their website. I don't see any kind of youtube player on any of the pages

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I think it's because it's like an advertissement video as it's a bit more professional special background music especially the fan one, happy Linus is getting attention thiugh. Also, does anyone else think the audio sounds a lot worse?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

It looks like they reuploaded the video to their website. I don't see any kind of youtube player on any of the pages

Yea, I realized that after clicking play on the embedded video player.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Erik4boss, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Let's have @LinusTech sue them! They can't download the videos like that!

Nah don't do that, I love buying shit from them lmao :lol:

I would love for Linus to do something about this though, maybe force them to use the original youtube link

I made those videos for Corsair to share with their retail partners. It's not a review or anything. The content belongs to Corsair, so if FRYs is using it, it's all good.

LinusTech, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Oh alright, that makes sense.

Thanks for clearing it up, Linus!

omg he responded to me

That's interesting!

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

So its all "good in the hood", so to speak. 

It's not like he's some god or something... you shouldn't be so surprised. 

Yes he is! He lives on the Olympus together with GabeN. :P

who cares...

Yes he is! He lives on the Olympus together with GabeN. :P

I thought GabeN lived at Valve HQ swimming in his pool of cash. 

MkQUMhu.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

MyInnerFred, on 10 Jul 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

I know, he's like, the god of tech reviews

:P