H440 - 2x 360 rads ?

Go to solution Solved by Izaya Orihara,

thanks are there 30 mm rads? (good ones) or should or should i do 240 in the top ? would that fit (also with the motherboard)?

Yes there are. The alphacool Nexxos comes in 30,45,60 and 86mm. You could do dual 360mm rads but some watercooling geniuses said that would be a bad idea. I went for a 360mm in the front a a 280mm in the top. 

do you think 2x 360s like ut60s for example would fit in the case? 

im sure i can get one in the front but the top one worries me.

would there be enough clearence for the mobo and would the front rad block the top one ? 

ut60s are quiet thick from what i can see ... so you any thought on the subject is appreciated 

http://www.amazon.de/Alphacool-NexXxoS-UT60-Copper-360mm/dp/B00BEZOSW6/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1404986872&sr=1-5&keywords=ut60

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I guess you're... "clueless" on this matter.

YEEEAAAAAAH!

jk. probably not though. the top one would block the front one and vice-versa.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

No. The top one can only be 30mm thick. Also if you use 2x 360 rads and orient the ports of the top rad towards the front the top rad will over hang the front rad 

From the reviews I have seen if you use 360mm rads they need to be quite thin as least at the top of the case I think the front is better but it would require taking some hard drive cages out to fit. (TTL review as a reference) 

I guess you're... "clueless" on this matter.

YEEEAAAAAAH!

jk. probably not though. the top one would block the front one and vice-versa.

:D yeah guess why i chose that username 

No. The top one can only be 30mm thick. Also if you use 2x 360 rads and orient the ports of the top rad towards the front the top rad will over hang the front rad 

thanks are there 30 mm rads? (good ones) or should or should i do 240 in the top ? would that fit (also with the motherboard)?

From the reviews I have seen if you use 360mm rads they need to be quite thin as least at the top of the case I think the front is better but it would require taking some hard drive cages out to fit. (TTL review as a reference) 

drive cages arent needed i have the 2 ssds on the psu cover and the 2,5" hdd near the psu ( not on a bracket) but thanks for your input i have to search for that review later

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Yes there are. The alphacool Nexxos comes in 30,45,60 and 86mm. You could do dual 360mm rads but some watercooling geniuses said that would be a bad idea. I went for a 360mm in the front a a 280mm in the top. 

:D yeah guess why i chose that username 

drive cages arent needed i have the 2 ssds on the psu cover and the 2,5" hdd near the psu ( not on a bracket) but thanks for your input i have to search for that review later

Here ya go 

:) 

thanks what about the airflow though, right now i plan to stay with my 770 from msi till 800 comes out so that card is on air and cant be watercooled(to my knowledge) would a thick rad in the front (main intake) not be bad for airflow i mean the ut 60 is supposed to be low fpi but still ?

thanks what about the airflow though, right now i plan to stay with my 770 from msi till 800 comes out so that card is on air and cant be watercooled(to my knowledge) would a thick rad in the front (main intake) not be bad for airflow i mean the ut 60 is supposed to be low fpi but still ?

Nah get some decent fans and it should work fine. I mean it's a 8 fpi rad if I recall correctly. Your temps may be a little on the high side but that shouldn't be something that can't be dealt with.