Can i change the CPU on this?

matto97

I might be getting a cheap Acer Aspire S3-951 of ebay Manufacturer Refurbished and it comes with a I3 2367M and i was wondering if i could change the CPU on it if i wanted to and maybe the HDD. But yeah would like at least a I5 so would i only be stuck at getting a 2xxx series and where would i find places to buy a CPU that would work in it. Preferably in Australia or CHEAP shipping other wise its not worth it. Thanks

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Buying a CPU for it would probably not cost much however I don't see the gain you would get on an ultrabook if you are looking at a processor upgrade straight away look for a higher end model.

its only $56 on ebay atm and i have been wanting a laptop for uni work and stuff around the house and this thing is fine for what i want and i can stream the games from my desktop but if its cheap i wouldn't mind putting an extra $50 in to it to get a better CPU

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

The cpu is removable but there's little point replacing it considering the only difference between a mobile i3 and i5 is turbo boost.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Pretty sure you would have to look for OEM parts.

Why not get the next model up?

Im not sure what CPU's the laptop will allow im guessing only 2xxxm CPU's but i dont know

The cpu is removable but there's little point replacing it considering the only difference between a mobile i3 and i5 is turbo boost.

What about a i7 then maybe?

What about a i7 then maybe?

It probably wouldn't be able to be properly cooled. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It probably wouldn't be able to be properly cooled. 

Ok then well thanks for the help :P