need new gaming laptop $1000 - $1500

a friend of mine needs a gaming laptop

so im thinking of this

msi ghost

asus G550JK (not available where i am so skip this)

Lenovo Y50

important things

noise while gaming and good viewing angles 

any other laptop recommendations ?

thanks

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The y50 is really quiet i know that the msi ghost is loud as hell.

You can also take a look at the Gigabyte P series.

But do you really need a laptop?

Because for 700/800 ish you can get a good gaming pc and spend the rest on a alright is laptop.

dose it have to be a laptop or can he put up with a mini itx system? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

MSI for the go anyway im a fanboy of msi but its your choice really. i would just wait until the g550jk available in your place

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

The y50 is really quiet i know that the msi ghost is loud as hell.

You can also take a look at the Gigabyte P series.

But do you really need a laptop?

Because for 700/800 ish you can get a good gaming pc and spend the rest on a alright is laptop.

dose it have to be a laptop or can he put up with a mini itx system? 

guys my friend needs a gaming laptop 

:P

he already has a high end gaming pc at home but he hangs out with his friends a lot so he wants something he can game with on the go

reason im asking this is because he bought a razer gaming laptop a few days ago . it was loud as hell the the GPU burned up and died the next day

@lani100 how do u know its quite couldnt find any reviews

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

guys my friend needs a gaming laptop 

:P

he already has a high end gaming pc at home but he hangs out with his friends a lot so he wants something he can game with on the go

reason im asking this is because he bought a razer gaming laptop a few days ago . it was loud as hell the the GPU burned up and died the next day

@lani100 how do u know its quite couldnt find any reviews

Because my friend has one and I have the y500

Because my friend has one and I have the y500

i keep hearing that the y50 has a below average quality TN panel (bad viewing angles etc) is it really that bad

should i go buy the 4k version instead  ?

Asus and MSI definitely make the better laptops.  Sager also make very well built systems.  I used to do a lot of laptop gaming, until I got tired of paying premium prices for not premium performance. 

i keep hearing that the y50 has a below average quality TN panel (bad viewing angles etc) is it really that bad

should i go buy the 4k version instead  ?

It's tn it's not ips but it's fine.

People are crying about this but it's just a good screen.

I would think the MSI Ghost is a little out of budget? Anyway, if you want good viewing angles aka IPS screen, there aren't a whole bunch of gaming laptops that have it. The Asus g550JK is one, but it's not a terribly powerful laptop. Gigabyte also makes a few laptops with IPS screens, but I'd want to avoid their models that contain a single-fan cooling system. There's the P25W for $1600 which comes with a 870M, i7-4810MQ, and IPS screen if you can stretch the budget a little bit. There's also their ultrathin laptops in the P34/P35 but thin laptops can have some heating issues if you're doing a lot of gaming on them. But if that's a sacrifice your friend is willing to make for portability, it's an option. You can get one with a 860M for $1500

http://www.xoticpc.com/gigabyte-p25wv2cf5-preorder-p-7149.html

http://www.xoticpc.com/gigabyte-p34gv2cf2-p-7158.html

However, the P25 is apparently on pre-order, so there's that.