3xHD7850 or 3xR7 265. Mining

Go to solution Solved by sabot,

Can confirm u will not make that back ever.... put that money into a coin if you think it is good. You are really late. Things got bad around November. Now it coasts more in power than the money the coins mine (I have a 290 and 6870) You could buy an asic but even that probably would loose money.

Hi im interested on mining because almost all of my friends are mining. so i just gonna try it if its nice :3 .My friend says that the HD 7850 is a good GPU for mining because of its low power consumption and my other friends says that R7 265 will beat the HD7850. so which of them are the best? im gonna mine 3 of them :) if i use 3 of 7850 or R7 265 can i gain more profit? if not, im not gonna buy new cards. :(

Which GPU's will make more profit?

HD 7850

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?id=422

R7 265

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1226&pid=2201&lid=1

By the way, why AMD cards are good for mining than Nvidia? hmmmp....

Sorry for my BAD English

Thank you and God Bless!!!!

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It's literally not worth it to GPU mine anymore. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Can confirm u will not make that back ever.... put that money into a coin if you think it is good. You are really late. Things got bad around November. Now it coasts more in power than the money the coins mine (I have a 290 and 6870) You could buy an asic but even that probably would loose money.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

WAAAAY too late for this man. You will lose a ton of money trying to mine with that crap.

You need to buy an ASIC miner to many any profit at all.

You are going to lose money from buying a graphics card that was never mean to do mining (and sucks at it) and you will also lose money from sucking hundreds of watts 24/7

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I wouldn't agree to mining with graphics card with lower horsepower. If you had more money for R9 290's/290X then maybe but the cryptocurrency thing is dead.

Unless it's a decked out fully-fledged room full of systems yes.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Sorry to break it up for you but mining died like half a year ago.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

As almost everyone said, don't mine, at least not with gpus.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ok i will not mine. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! im gonna save my money to build a gaming pc. 

Thanks who helped me and God Bless!!!!!

Thanks!!!! :)

I feel sorry for humanity.  :unsure:

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

I feel sorry for humanity.  :unsure:

i feel sorry for all the poor bastards who seek advice on this forum, i truly do.

i feel sorry for all the poor bastards who seek advice on this forum, i truly do.

I love how the whole process took less then 10 min. I guess it's like they say, you can have two, good, cheap, or fast. We went for cheap and fast.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting