Meet the Sony Xperia C3 - "the world's best selfie smartphone"

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-xperia-c3-now-official-dubbed-worlds-best-selfie-smartphone

Source 2: http://pocketnow.com/2014/07/08/sony-xperia-c3-launch

Source 3: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/press_release/sony-boosts-selfie-trend-with-the-launch-of-xperia-c3-the-worlds-best-selfie-smartphone/

Specs

-5.5" 720p display

-1.2Ghz quad-core Snapdragon processor (model not specified)

-1GB of RAM

-8GB of storage

-Micro-SD expansion (up to 32GB)

-8MP rear camera

-5MP front-facing camera

-2,500mAh battery

-Dual-SIM

-LTE compatible, Bluetooth, DLNA

-Android 4.4 KitKat

-Available in black, white, and mint colors

I could personally care less about the whole selfie aspect of the phone. Looking at the spec sheet though, it seems like it'll be a good device, although it's skimping on storage, but on the bright side it does have micro-SD expansion, so that kind of makes up for it. Unfortunately though, Sony hasn't announced a price yet. If this phone retails for $300 or less off contract, then that's a pretty darn good price for this kind of phone.

The Xperia C3 will be launching next month starting in China, and other regions will be getting the C3 "soon after."

1_Xperia_C3_Group_Colours_Front.jpg

COMIC SANS

plsno

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

5.5 720p.................................no

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

too much bezel imo, and the specs are just as standard as the others , so i don't know, :huh:  pass?

Details separate people.

5.5 720p.................................no

I mean, I'm sure you'll be able to tell that it's not a 1080p screen when looking at it, but I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

But looking at the spec sheet, it's like Sony was going for more of a budget approach while making the phone aesthetically look like a high-end smartphone, since most high-end smartphones have 5" or higher screens.

If not the latter, then they're making a decently spec'd phone with a large screen, because some people just want a large phone that doesn't cost $600. It's more than likely this.

COMIC SANS

I mean, I'm sure you'll be able to tell that it's not a 1080p screen when looking at it, but I don't think it will be that big of a deal.

But looking at the spec sheet, it's like Sony was going for more of a budget approach while making the phone aesthetically look like a high-end smartphone, since most high-end smartphones have 5" or higher screens.

If not the latter, then they're making a decently spec'd phone with a large screen, because some people just want a large phone that doesn't cost $600. It's more than likely this.

exactly Sony thought: well if they are just going to be taking an abnormal amount of pictures of themselves they don't care about other features other than the camera 

exactly Sony thought: well if they are just going to be taking an abnormal amount of pictures of themselves they don't care about other features other than the camera 

Well, IF that is what Sony is thinking, they kinda have a point there...

But I mean, it's not like the C3 is spec'd bad. Is it high-end? Nope. Is it low-end? Nope. It's in the comfortable spot in between.

COMIC SANS

it's too gross for me, but I guess people just want a phone to do what a cheap camera can do :^) lol

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!