Verizon Said to Launch Prepaid 4G LTE Plans on July 17

Dietrichw

Source

Verizon-Wireless.jpg

Mobile leakster @evleaks released a note over the weekend saying that the rumors that Verizon is preparing a prepaid 4G LTE plan are indeed true, and shared some of the details of what we can expect. According to his information the plans will start at $45 for unlimited talk and text with 500MB of data. For an additional $10 you can up the date to 1GB, and for an extra $20 you can knock it all the way up to 3GB.

Where the leak gets interesting is that supposedly the plan will work with any LTE capable phone. So if you have a spare phone laying around, you could easily set up a second line for yourself, or perhaps set one up for a child in the family. Of course, if you don’t have a phone laying around you will need ot buy one off contract, and that could get expensive quickly if you aren’t careful.

This is good news for me because I use PagePlus a network that uses Verizon. PagePlus has not been able to use any 4G phones with their service because Verizon said no. With this change hopefully my next phone upgrade will still be with the very cheap plans that PagePlus has. $12 a month for me because I always have WiFi with the iPhone 4S and only use cellular use of my phone for basic things or emergencies 

really meh when virgin mobile is 35$ for unlimited txt/calls and 2.5gb of data 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

500mb on 4g? This isn't 2001, one youtube video can run that much data up. Drives me crazy how today companies are offering such limited data when data is being used more now than ever. If they wanted anything competitive they should have given 3gb or even 2gb on the $45 plan then offer more data on top.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I'm extremely glad that Verizon is finally doing this, but those plans are way too pricey for what you're getting.

I'm paying only $30 on T-Mobile and am getting 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after that (so technically unlimited data). Until somebody can offer me that same exact thing for less than $30 a month or give me something more for around the same price or a little bit more, then I'm not switching.

COMIC SANS

This is the reason i stay with Vierizon for everything, TV, Internet , phone etc...

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'm extremely glad that Verizon is finally doing this, but those plans are way too pricey for what you're getting.

I'm paying only $30 on T-Mobile and am getting 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after that (so technically unlimited data). Until somebody can offer me that same exact thing for less than $30 a month or give me something more for around the same price or a little bit more, then I'm not switching.

30 bucks a month for 5GB! Holy cow! Maybe I should switch to TMo...

i have unlimited txt/minutes and 10gb 3/4lte fpr 40$ on verizon, but im on my sisters plan :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

30 bucks a month for 5GB! Holy cow! Maybe I should switch to TMo...

Yes, yes you should, BUT I have no idea how their coverage outside of major cities. I live in Tampa, which is one of their LTE cities, so I get coverage everywhere, and LTE in most places. Their LTE is very fast, but not as consistent as Verizon (for example, since that's who I use to be on).

Do some research about TMo's coverage in your area and see how well they do. If your city is right next to a city that has LTE, that LTE coverage will more than likely "leak over" into your city. That's the case for me and a few surrounding cities.

Oh, and the $30 isn't available regularly. The only way to get it is to buy it on WalMart's website.

Buy it here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996

The reason why it's $35 is because it also comes with the micro-SIM card and comes with your first month of service. After that, it's $30 + tax a month(comes out to be around $33 a month). Oh, and of course, no contract. You can refill your account every month by buying the refill cards on WalMart's website or directly on the TMo website (which is what I do).

EDIT: You do have to use it on a device that you already own though. Make sure that your phone is compatible with T-Mobile's network and that your phone is unlocked.

If you have a locked phone, you can always unlock it by rooting and ROMing it. That's what I did. Using a Verizon LG G2 (VS980) on T-Mobile.

Verizon may be CDMA and T-Mobile GSM, but all of Verizon's high end phones (aka most of their phones) have GSM bands.

COMIC SANS

i have unlimited txt/minutes and 10gb 3/4lte fpr 40$ on verizon, but im on my sisters plan :P

You yourself may be paying $40, but there's no way that plan in total is $40 a month. Oh, and that data's shared, isn't it?

;)

I'm just poking fun at you. I really do love Verizon mainly because their coverage is amazing and there's LTE seemingly everywhere. It's an LTE wonderland quite honestly. The only problem I had with them is that it's too darn expensive.

COMIC SANS

You yourself may be paying $40, but there's no way that plan in total is $40 a month. Oh, and that data's shared, isn't it?

;)

I'm just poking fun at you. I really do love Verizon mainly because their coverage is amazing and there's LTE seemingly everywhere. It's an LTE wonderland quite honestly. The only problem I had with them is that it's too darn expensive.

yea, datas shared, its a family plan or something. And we (my two sisters) pay for 4gb extra of data, or else it would be 6gb shared