Would someone be able to recommend a CPU water cooler for me?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

If you are not overclocking, liquid cooling is really unnecessary. A Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo would be a big step up from your stock cooler.

I have an Intel i7-4770 CPU which isn't overclocked, but I do use turbo boost. It doesn't get that hot, but certain games seem to push it a bit further than I think it should be, and the stock fan is by far the loudest component of my PC. I've watched a few videos about liquid coolers and they're definitely something I want to get, but between all the different brands and configurations I'm not sure which would be a good value for my system. My case can support up to 280mm radiators and I have plenty of space. Any recommendation for a cooler would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

NHD15, quieter, performs the same or better and is cheaper than most dual fan AIO's

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

If you are not overclocking, liquid cooling is really unnecessary. A Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo would be a big step up from your stock cooler.

I have an Intel i7-4770 CPU which isn't overclocked, but I do use turbo boost. It doesn't get that hot, but certain games seem to push it a bit further than I think it should be, and the stock fan is by far the loudest component of my PC. I've watched a few videos about liquid coolers and they're definitely something I want to get, but between all the different brands and configurations I'm not sure which would be a good value for my system. My case can support up to 280mm radiators and I have plenty of space. Any recommendation for a cooler would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

The NZXT Kraken X41/X61.

Or like the above has said, just a 212 EVO will do you fine.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Depends on your overlcocking goals, if low I agree with everyone else, 212 evo will be great.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

The CM Hyper 212 EVO will be great as others suggested (I love it!). If you want something for a bit more, than I would suggest the Noctua NH D-14.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wouldn't go much past a CM 212 EVO. There is just isn't enough point to spend a huge amount money on a Noctua. Heck for less money than those Noctua coolers you can get a quieter fan for the EVO. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Don't get an AiO, they tend to be louder than a good air cooler, and you don't need that kind of temps. A CM Hyper 212 Evo will do the trick, if you want something more fancy a Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 will give you good temps and quietness 

Thanks for the advice everyone, seems like the 212 Evo is the way to go.