Can an old piece of technology slow you down(rust you)?

napster007

Suppose if you have a slow piece of tech(in this case a PC). You turn it on everyday and the work(non-job-oriented) you're supposed to do in 30 minutes take you 60 to 90 minutes.

Will it affect your life?

After a certain period of time you start skipping some things because your brain is tired of this slowness..You demand a new faster PC but your demands are not fulfilled.

Your brain becomes kinda rusty, procrastinating, doing other things slow etc.

What do you do?

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

Buy a new PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Buy a new PC.

but your demands are not fulfilled.

HP 15-BA021AX - 2.3GHz AMD A10-9600P processor - 4GB DDR4 RAM - 1TB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive - 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon R7 M440 2GB Graphics - Windows 10

Buy a new PC.

spam that origin pc link for me please xD

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

spam that origin pc link for me please xD

origin pc sucks

build your own

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thought experiment ( actually you can test this yourself, if you can code/put togheter something, like over internet, internet latency, server latency, idk...):

Supposed there is tremendous imput lag when gaming. I mean seconds. Brain will adapt to it. You will allways see everything with a delay. Afterwards, when you try to do some normal tasks in realtime, you will feel out of this place. Brain will still work the same. ( I tried, very, very queezy experience )

This is definitly not long term, but i have no idea if this was regular, if the brain would actually wire up the way to adapt to it. Probably.

Someone should do this kind of indie game or mod for game or something. The weirdest experience ever O.o Really really weird. Just walking around is like you are not in the 3D anymore, but rather just an observer. I went to wash my face to see if i can sober myself up. Didnt work, it lasted for minutes. If i remeber correctly i actually spent a while in bathroom :D The presence was ... skewed. Hard to explain. Maybe have to try it soon and will explain on this forum to inspire some pro indie dev to make a game or mod of it :P sure people would like to experience that haha

i wonder if there is even a name of this phenomena. or if its written/described explained anywhere. brb go ask google.

Edit: hmm maybe oculus rifters also experience similar phenomena? There is definitly lag in oculus. not so big tho