Bronies and ponies

vt3c

Funny I'm taking my third year of the chinese language. Are you fluent? (mandarin ^^)

No i dont speak it at all :D

Without chinese you are pretty fucked in china tho ^^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

No i dont speak it at all :D

Without chinese you are pretty fucked in china tho ^^

Glad I rose to the challenge then. ;)

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I see there's many haters... I bet 95% of them never even watched a single episode of Friendship is Magic and totally judging based on the the title of the series and how it's linked to the old childish cartoon for little girls... Are you afraid to lose your manhood or something?

I've seen the first 3 seasons of FiM and the first 7 episodes of season 4, just lost interest at that point, might watch the rest of them later when I'm bored, on netflix.

It's not a bad show, honestly I've seen anime aimed for "adult" that are/were worse (Soul Link, for example), if you get over the fact that you're watching ponies(heck, you could replace the ponies with people and it would make no real difference to the story, as shown by the Equestria Girl movie), the animation is well done for a children's cartoon, the voices fits well with the characters, they actual got some real voice actors to do them(like Tara Strong),  and the story isn't half bad, well, I say story, but it's mostly the first and last 2 episodes of each seasons that have the actual story, the rest seems to be a bunch of standalone stories set in between. Only thing I hate is the random singings at any moment, though some songs aren't half bad. (Like "This Day Aria")

Do I consider myself a brony? No. Why would I ? Just because I watched something doesn't mean I'm part of the fandom surrounding it. Would I recommend the show to others? Sure, but considering how close minded many people are (as shown by a couple members of the forum in this very topic), I might think twice about it and make sure they are willing to try new stuff before hating it, first.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

kill-all-the-ponies_o_1557837.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I use to watch the show. I didn't really consider myself a Brony since I'm not really into it that much as some Brony's are.
I was introduced to it by my girlfriend and in all honesty it was a fun watch. Until I got bored of it and stopped watching. But it was still a fun watch.

Still, since it's popularity with a certain target audience, there are really disturbing things about the show from certain fans and artists in some websites that I wish I could forget.

I see there's many haters... I bet 95% of them never even watched a single episode of Friendship is Magic and totally judging based on the the title of the series and how it's linked to the old childish cartoon for little girls... Are you afraid to lose your manhood or something?

I've seen the first 3 seasons of FiM and the first 7 episodes of season 4, just lost interest at that point, might watch the rest of them later when I'm bored, on netflix.

It's not a bad show, honestly I've seen anime aimed for "adult" that are/were worse (Soul Link, for example), if you get over the fact that you're watching ponies(heck, you could replace the ponies with people and it would make no real difference to the story, as shown by the Equestria Girl movie), the animation is well done for a children's cartoon, the voices fits well with the characters, they actual got some real voice actors to do them(like Tara Strong),  and the story isn't half bad, well, I say story, but it's mostly the first and last 2 episodes of each seasons that have the actual story, the rest seems to be a bunch of standalone stories set in between. Only thing I hate is the random singings at any moment, though some songs aren't half bad. (Like "This Day Aria")

Do I consider myself a brony? No. Why would I ? Just because I watched something doesn't mean I'm part of the fandom surrounding it. Would I recommend the show to others? Sure, but considering how close minded many people are (as shown by a couple members of the forum in this very topic), I might think twice about it and make sure they are willing to try new stuff before hating it, first.

I'm just going to quote this post since its is pretty close to what I would have written. I've seen a few episodes hear and there.

----Don't mind innocent little me just passing by here---

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I use to watch the show. I didn't really consider myself a Brony since I'm not really into it that much as some Brony's are.

I was introduced to it by my girlfriend and in all honesty it was a fun watch. Until I got bored of it and stopped watching. But it was still a fun watch.

Still, since it's popularity with a certain target audience, there are really disturbing things about the show from certain fans and artists in some websites that I wish I could forget.

Are you me?

I watch MLP with my GF whenever there is a new ep, but I don't actively go out of my way to watch it on my own. I also have a hard time rewatching most episodes. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret watching every ep, it's just a thing I do with my GF.Also have a hunch why bronies and MLP is hated on. Even if they gave it a chance, it boils down to a flash animation by Hasbro That was developed by Lauren Faust, a person in the animation business that many people respect. Her husbands show, the Power Puff Girls being a good example of what she's tied into. Same goes for Foster's Home of Imaginary friends. On the animation standpoint, the character design is appealing. What most likely annoys people isn't the show, but the fan base itself. It's almost impossible to go to a site and not have ponies everywhere in some form. That over exposure burned out the Internet.

I myself am neutral and love well drawn art and stuff. Shoot, for a toy company, Hasbro sucks at making good toys, it amazes me what creative people in any fandom can do. That part is cool with me. Same for pony avs and the like. However, if I'm somewhere that's niche on the Internet that has absolutely nothing to do with ponies..and there are ponies everywhere, it kinda makes me go eeehhhh.

Are you me?

I watch MLP with my GF whenever there is a new ep, but I don't actively go out of my way to watch it on my own. I also have a hard time rewatching most episodes. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret watching every ep, it's just a thing I do with my GF.Also have a hunch why bronies and MLP is hated on. Even if they gave it a chance, it boils down to a flash animation by Hasbro That was developed by Lauren Faust, a person in the animation business that many people respect. Her husbands show, the Power Puff Girls being a good example of what she's tied into. Same goes for Foster's Home of Imaginary friends. On the animation standpoint, the character design is appealing. What most likely annoys people isn't the show, but the fan base itself. It's almost impossible to go to a site and not have ponies everywhere in some form. That over exposure burned out the Internet.

Yeah. Same here. I don't think I ever re-watched an episode or watch one without her unless I'm catching up or something. And man, our situations on watching the show are really alike.

But, so far me and her just quit watching it and I don't really know why. For me it got boring, I guess it was the same for her. Luckily we got the Avatar season to hold us over. And I guess why people hate it is because of the show's rep and the fan base is one of the most easily hated which is weird when you consider Brony's are some of the most nicest people to come across.

I am not a brony myself but I have no problems with them

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

kill-all-the-ponies_o_1557837.jpg

Please there are some ponies I would like to see dead too! I am a "brony" but I really dont like the name. The fan base has gotten a really bad rep and I dont really like many people who are "bronies" either. I enjoy the show and I dont like it when people hate on it just because its ponies. I mean people call anime cartoons and people get pissed at them can we do the same thing?

I have to say, bronies confuse the heck out of me. I mean, I can usually grasp the idea behind most sub-cultures like furries, but it doesn't make any sense to me when it comes to mlp. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but I would be kind of interested why this is a thing.

I have to say, bronies confuse the heck out of me. I mean, I can usually grasp the idea behind most sub-cultures like furries, but it doesn't make any sense to me when it comes to mlp. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but I would be kind of interested why this is a thing.

Try watching the first 2 episodes, tell me it's the worst thing you've ever seen, I dare you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I live right next to a riding club and i take care of the horses there instead..

And the kids that are members of the club are mature enough to not name any horses after that ridiculous show..

I don't understand the point behind some people watching that show when they aren't kids

I've heard that the writers (if you can call them that.. ) Added the odd tounge in cheek joke that adults could laugh at

But that was probably to make the show tolerable to the adults that have to watch the s***e with their kids...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Try watching the first 2 episodes, tell me it's the worst thing you've ever seen, I dare you.

I've actually watched the first few episodes some time ago because I was genuinely curious why this has such a large fanbase, but as I said, I absolutely didn't get the appeal. I wouldn't say that it is terrible, but it was just weird to think that grown men watch and enjoy this on a regular basis. I don't judge anyone who enjoys mlp, but I just don't get it (and I'm usually pretty good at grasping the general idea behind those sorts of things).

• 1 year later...

Horse