Best music player for Android that will play all file types

OK cool I'll report back after I've played with it, any of the other apps from the CM installed worth putting on my OS? (stock 4.3)

if you don't have their DSP go ahead and use root to install the DSP manager and the DSP libraries. cLock, Trebuchet, and File Manager are some great apps I use all the time from CM.

I personally use Apollo. I use it because it gives you the best playback quality and it's very simple to use.

You can get it from the CM App Installer, which you can get here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jsf.cmprojects.cyanogenmodappinstaller

Or you can download the APK directly from XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2196385

COMIC SANS

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Apollo/any decent third party music app (but poweramp is bad)

I don't think play Apollo plays FLACs though. Besides, PowerAMP can also use the DSP Manager built-in to CM (or Sony Effects or MusicFX). You just need to enable MusicFX and disable the built-in PowerAMP EQ.

Toshiba Satellite C50 (A167)

• Intel Pentium 2020M (Ivy Bridge, IHD 3000)
  • 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • 500GB Toshiba Slim 5400RPM
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

• HiSilicon Kirin 935 (arm64)
  • Android 6.0 (EMUI 4.0, TWRP 3, Sysless SuperSU)
  • 3GB RAM, 64GB NAND + 64GB SanDisk Ultra mSD

I don't think play Apollo plays FLACs though. Besides, PowerAMP can also use the DSP Manager built-in to CM (or Sony Effects or MusicFX). You just need to enable MusicFX and disable the built-in PowerAMP EQ.

Apollo supports most formats including flac and ogg vorbis.

To me, the only advantage that poweramp has is for non-root users that want a DSP, outside of that, the playback quality isn't nearly as good, considering that MANY 3rd party music players such as Nex music also have better reproduction than poweramp.