Best music player for Android that will play all file types

Hi all,

Just wondering what app people are using on their Android devices, the stock one doesn't play all file types which is annoying me big time.

Help?

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Apollo/any decent third party music app (but poweramp is bad)

(but poweramp is bad)

Ok I'm here as a user who has not used Apollo or any app other than Poweramp, I used it first and it met my needs, what's your beef?

I use PowerAmp personally, but a lot of "I somewhat know what I'm doing" users use Apollo.

Error: 410

Anyone use PlayerPro?

Heard its good.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Ok I'm here as a user who has not used Apollo or any app other than Poweramp, I used it first and it met my needs, what's your beef?

it's trash in playback quality verus nearly any other 3rd party player. I really don't know why it's so popular. Side by side try Apollo versus Poweramp. There is a big difference. The only reason Poweramp has an advantage over Apollo is a built in EQ, which Apollo was designed to work along side CM and therefore CM has it's own EQ so in that regard they are nearly the same, if not better themeing side. 

i use powerAmp because it give me the option to use the folder system. i have used both apollo and poweramp to play high quality MP3 and FLAC and WAVE file and i did not hear any difference in quality. 

powerAmp much more user friendly and easy to use while providing a ton of options. there is a muli band EQ that works very nicely but i dont use it.

i recommend PowerAmp. 

i use ATH-M50 and Beyerdynamic MMX101

it's trash in playback quality verus nearly any other 3rd party player. I really don't know why it's so popular. Side by side try Apollo versus Poweramp. There is a big difference. The only reason Poweramp has an advantage over Apollo is a built in EQ, which Apollo was designed to work along side CM and therefore CM has it's own EQ so in that regard they are nearly the same, if not better themeing side. 

I just a look on google play and all I see is themes for it and not the actual app, is it CM only?

I just a look on google play and all I see is themes for it and not the actual app, is it CM only?

go and get CM App installer and you can download and install it without root.

most of the time it has more to do with the phone itself and the way android handle playback in regards to the quality of the sound.  

on my phones (Xperia Z2 and Nexus 5)  i ran both apollo and powerAmp, both produced the same quality. PowerAmp was a lot easy to use. 

go and get CM App installer and you can download and install it without root.

I have root, can I just grab its .apk from somewhere and install it without CM installed or do I need that?

I have root, can I just grab its .apk from somewhere and install it without CM installed or do I need that?

it's a standalone app that works on any version of android.

it's a standalone app that works on any version of android.

OK cool, a quick google told me it's been taken off google play, so I've grabbed the CM app installed like you said and I'll get it that way.

OK thanks a lot, I see that has the apk also.

yes.

here is the be all and end all thread for apollo player. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2196385

that's a pretty old version, if you go to my guide I have linked a download to the second latest version of apollo, before kitkat, where they have since updated the photos for songs with out album art tagged. Go and download that versus this old version that doesn't work @Askew

that's a pretty old version, if you go to my guide I have linked a download to the second latest version of apollo, before kitkat, where they have since updated the photos for songs with out album art tagged. Go and download that versus this old version that doesn't work @Askew

I've got CM installer running, should I use the root or non root method for install of apollo? Does it make a difference (I have root and gave CM installer SU)

sorry i thought they have updated it. sorry @Askew. please follow @_ASSASSIN_ guid

I've got CM installer running, should I use the root or non root method for install of apollo? Does it make a difference (I have root and gave CM installer SU)

doesn't matter either way, just do non-root. Wastes less time.

doesn't matter either way, just do non-root. Wastes less time.

Alright it's installed and open on my gnex, I will put some music on the device tomorrow and test it out, thx for the tut.

One question, will themes from gplay work?

Alright it's installed and open on my gnex, I will put some music on the device tomorrow and test it out, thx for the tut.

One question, will themes from gplay work?

yup, that's why I like Apollo a lot, there are a shit ton of themes for it.

yup, that's why I like Apollo a lot, there are a shit ton of themes for it.

OK cool I'll report back after I've played with it, any of the other apps from the CM installed worth putting on my OS? (stock 4.3)