Need business/gaming laptop 3000$+

Go to solution Solved by Scionyde,

At your budget, you could afford just about anything. I suppose the question to ask is whether you prefer something ultraportable(thin) or something with top of the line hardware. Because of heat issues, you're not going to find top of the line specs in a thin laptop like the Razer Blade or GS60. If you want the best hardware (with a 15" screen) you'll probably want the Gigabyte P series that somebody above linked, or a Sager/Clevo laptop. Both of those laptops will be around 1.5" in thickness, so they will be a bit more bulky, but you would be able to fit in a i7-4940MX and GTX 880M while still remaining in budget.

Here's a link to the Sager laptop that might work for you:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258s-clevo-p157sma-p-6989.html

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268s-clevo-p150sma-p-6987.html

(The first link has a more gamerish look, but I personally think the design on the touchpad looks like a tramp stamp. The second one has a more 'business look' and comes with a 870M by default, but you can configure it to come with a better CPU/GPU

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a laptop that has exceptional specs for around 3000$. Something with the best cpu/gpu available on a laptop. I'd use it for extreme rendering and some gaming on the side. Thanks.

Lordy, you must be important

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAACXMU/ref=twister_B00LGK0ZR6

Choose the 32gb ram, 1tb+512gbssd option :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well, the G750JZ is a powerhouse. Also the Alienware Mx 18 (no hate please). If you want something more mobile, the Razer Blade 14 may be it, but that thing will suffer from heat problems, so no.

Also, you may want to look into Sager laptops, they may offer something for you. Will have another look now.

EDIT: Do you need workstation graphics?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I'd probably stay away from workstation cards for the most part..

but sager and alienware 18 are very very bulky. Maybe something a little slimmer.

I'd probably stay away from workstation cards for the most part..

but sager and alienware 18 are very very bulky. Maybe something a little slimmer.

http://www.amazon.com/Satellite-3840x2160-Technicolor-Touchscreen-Performance/dp/B00KQEXP66/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404658250&sr=1-1&keywords=laptop the gpu on this one isnt as powerful as the g750jz but it is slimmer, 4k reso, and 15 inches

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If your main focus is the rendering then look at something like a Lenovo W540 with a quadro card. 

You can configure one here:  http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/w-series/w540/

EDIT, never mind, didnt see your post about workstation cards.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Slim options:

Razer Blade 14, the one with an 870M and 512 GB mSATA.

Gigabyte GS60 Ghost Pro, the one with an 870M and whatever storage.

Bulkier options:

Asus G750JZ, the one with an 880M and whatever storage.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

seems very good. CPU is ify but maybe I can compromise.

have you checked out the razer blade? http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade/

14 inches

8gb ram (not upgradeable)

Nvidia 870m gpu

Core i7-4702HQ 2.2ghz, 3.2 turbo

.7inches thick

Linus' review will be out soon :)

Slim options:

Razer Blade 14, the one with an 870M and 512 GB mSATA.

Gigabyte GS60 Ghost Pro, the one with an 870M and whatever storage.

Bulkier options:

Asus G750JZ, the one with an 880M and whatever storage.

Razer Blade seems good but is eh on the storage. Ghost seems great tho.

any specific laptop model?

Jus choose the best one xD

I'd freaking love the razor blade if I could add more RAM. :(

Did you watch the wan show friday? That was linus' number one complaint :D

At your budget, you could afford just about anything. I suppose the question to ask is whether you prefer something ultraportable(thin) or something with top of the line hardware. Because of heat issues, you're not going to find top of the line specs in a thin laptop like the Razer Blade or GS60. If you want the best hardware (with a 15" screen) you'll probably want the Gigabyte P series that somebody above linked, or a Sager/Clevo laptop. Both of those laptops will be around 1.5" in thickness, so they will be a bit more bulky, but you would be able to fit in a i7-4940MX and GTX 880M while still remaining in budget.

Here's a link to the Sager laptop that might work for you:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258s-clevo-p157sma-p-6989.html

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268s-clevo-p150sma-p-6987.html

(The first link has a more gamerish look, but I personally think the design on the touchpad looks like a tramp stamp. The second one has a more 'business look' and comes with a 870M by default, but you can configure it to come with a better CPU/GPU

Ive decided to go with a custom exotic pc Sager NP8268-S Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Ive decided to go with a custom exotic pc Sager NP8268-S Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Glad to help. :)

By the way, I should've mentioned that those particular models from Xotic PC don't come with an OS by default. You can add one for like $85, or just get a cheap Windows key from G2A and do the OS install yourself. I recently bought a Sager NP8278-S and that's what I did.

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a laptop that has exceptional specs for around 3000$. Something with the best cpu/gpu available on a laptop. I'd use it for extreme rendering and some gaming on the side. Thanks.

No offence but with that budget...fuck all of that...no offence.

Nice systems but not what you need.

Contact originpc directly explain what you need and who knows...if your budged allows it they just might build you a Core i7 Extreme with 880m in sli and 2x1TB SSD in raid.

Lets hope you budget is big enough...yes it can be to small.....

My dream system i compiled in there was a whopping 22.000$ all out.

You seem like a pro...so are they.