Doctor Who Season Finale

Bluejay0

What are your thoughts and the new Doctor played by John Hurte?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The episode was.... Interesting to say the least. The introduction of hurt was quite frankly insulting. And like most of the episodes this season part, i did not enjoy it. Doctor who seems to have lost it's way a little, the writing seems sketchy and all over the place, perhaps it's the actors, perhaps not.

Needless to say i'm watching with crossed fingers that they do not actively ruin the series.

I did, however love getting to see number 1 in a modern episode.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

The episode was.... Interesting to say the least. The introduction of hurt was quite frankly insulting. And like most of the episodes this season part, i did not enjoy it. Doctor who seems to have lost it's way a little, the writing seems sketchy and all over the place, perhaps it's the actors, perhaps not.

Needless to say i'm watching with crossed fingers that they do not actively ruin the series.

I did, however love getting to see number 1 in a modern episode.

True, I did kind of hate it how they introduced him.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So what incarnation of the Doctor do you think Hurt is playing?

My guess would be an aged 8th Doctor.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

So what incarnation of the Doctor do you think Hurt is playing?

My guess would be an aged 8th Doctor.

Yeah, that's my thoughts, between the time of the old series and the new. Perhaps even more scarred by the time war than 9 ever was.

They better be able to pull it off, it's a big gamble.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Yeah, that's my thoughts, between the time of the old series and the new. Perhaps even more scarred by the time war than 9 ever was.

They better be able to pull it off, it's a big gamble.

I think it will be good. I hope that we will get to see the Time War. Its something ive always wanted to see.

I wish it was November already :(

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I think it will be good. I hope that we will get to see the Time War. Its something ive always wanted to see.

I wish it was November already :(

IIRC you get to see parts of the time war in the original series. But i found it incredibly hard to find decent quality streaming links to those episodes.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

IIRC you get to see parts of the time war in the original series. But i found it incredibly hard to find decent quality streaming links to those episodes.

They are on Netflix i believe. Just sign up for the free trial. I wish i could watch them but the production quality is so bad compared to what im used to. Shame really, as i would love to see how it all started.

They are on Netflix i believe. Just sign up for the free trial. I wish i could watch them but the production quality is so bad compared to what im used to. Shame really, as i would love to see how it all started.

Ahh, there's a few specific episodes i'd like to see. Particularly the first doctor. I do like the first doctor

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ahh, there's a few specific episodes i'd like to see. Particularly the first doctor. I do like the first doctor

2nd 4th 5th 10th and 11th

2nd 4th 5th 10th and 11th

1, 3, 5, 9, 10

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I liked it, It had its issues but it was the best of the second half of this season.

What is the john hurt and what are they doing with him? is this a new reincarnation? or what, i didnt watch the OG seasons so that might be why. why did they specifically avoid tennant in the parts? they showed eccleston  but no tennant. 

Did anyone else think that hurt looked like gandalf?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I liked it, It had its issues but it was the best of the second half of this season.

What is the john hurt and what are they doing with him? is this a new reincarnation? or what, i didnt watch the OG seasons so that might be why. why did they specifically avoid tennant in the parts? they showed eccleston but no tennant.

Lol gandalf

Lol gandalf

he did see the resemblance? 

post-7522-0-04876300-1368936978.jpg

post-7522-0-75704700-1368936984.jpg

post-7522-0-04876300-1368936978.jpg

post-7522-0-75704700-1368936984.jpg

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

What is the john hurt and what are they doing with him? is this a new reincarnation? or what, i didnt watch the OG seasons so that might be why. why did they specifically avoid tennant in the parts? they showed eccleston  but no tennant. 

Well they did put his voice in, but then again, I'm pretty sure they excluded him 'cause of how big he was. During the Doctor Who Proms 2010, the cheer for Tennant was INSANE!

Edit: Hmm..nevermind...I just rewatched that part and his voice wasn't in it. I could've sworn it was in it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Tennant will be in the November episode, so perhaps that's why he wasn't in this one. She did say she saw all 11 incarnations though.

HTTP/2 203

Tennant will be in the November episode, so perhaps that's why he wasn't in this one. She did say she saw all 11 incarnations though.

sweet do you know what day roughly?

23rd November

and thats world wide? i havent heard much of this as of yet :)

and thats world wide? i havent heard much of this as of yet :)

It said it at the end of the episode. :/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It said it at the end of the episode. :/

ya i saw the guy turn around then i stopped watching, i missed the credits and what not. :/

Yeah it's celebrating exactly 50 years of DW, so it's been decided for a couple of months (BBC News reported on it before the series started), and it was announced at the end of the episode too.

HTTP/2 203

I want to see him back :(

I'd also love to see a tardis like the old ones, with the central cylinder not going all the way to the top

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have new speculation to share. Hurte is in fact going to play as The Doctor during the Time Wars. It is said the season premiere is going to cover the Time Wars and The Doctor's part in it.