The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

Oh and I'm fairly sure the PCIE SSD's are about the same as M2 ssd's, since m2 is over the pcie bus (isnt it?)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1. you mean extra amount of money I don't have to pay to get 870m(and all the overengineering to make sure it does not overheat horribly while maintaining a small form) because a 750m would beat the macbook?  You compared macbook to a vastly superior machine and points at the higher price.

2. hard to get same spec because most windows machine over $1000 beats the macbooks...lol.

Yes tell me more about how you don't own a macbook yet its automatically better build quality justifies the higher price.

Hard to get the same spec? Its called an ultrabook, theres tons. 

I dont own one. But u know what I do own? PCs. Alot of them. And i Know specs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

Check out a SIMILAR SPEC ultrabook, and compare it to the rMBP.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Oh and I'm fairly sure the PCIE SSD's are about the same as M2 ssd's, since m2 is over the pcie bus (isnt it?)

Woops. Its similar. I'll change that. Thanks for telling me.

@comeradeHX and here I thought I was the only one getting the "paid marketing troll" vibe?

this is to the point that he is either 14 and doesn't want to admit he's wrong, or he's a paid advertising troll from apple, which I think is far more likely considering that companies shameless practices.

The entire internet, the facts of reality,, and the actual marketshare that apple makes up, all prove you to be completely wrong in every way.

I'm done here.

@comeradeHX and here I thought I was the only one getting the "paid marketing troll" vibe?

this is to the point that he is either 14 and doesn't want to admit he's wrong, or he's a paid advertising troll from apple, which I think is far more likely considering that companies shameless practices.

The entire internet, the facts of reality,, and the actual marketshare that apple makes up, all prove you to be completely wrong in every way.

I'm done here.

Dude, not hard to look at specs. The 750JZ is extremely well priced. Just because the rMBP isnt overpriced, doesnt mean its the best priced. I've only said its competitively priced and not overpriced, both of which are true.

I will admit the 750JZ has better pricing and Im wrong about that. But still, never said rMBP had the best pricing, just competitive especially with similar spec ultrabooks. 

Unless u can prove me wrong by showing me a similar spec system thats an ultrabook

This is using the COMPONENTS I DON'T CARE WHAT I LOOKS LIKE THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

Lowest End:

Macbook Air

11-inch : 128GB

Specifications

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor

Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz

Intel HD Graphics 5000

4GB memory

128GB PCIe-based flash storage1

$899.00

HP ProBook 430 G1 Notebook  499.99

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

CPU Type

Intel Core i5-4200U 1.60GHz

Screen

13.3"

Memory Size

4GB DDR3

Hard Disk

128GB SSD

Graphics Card

Intel HD Graphics 4400

Video Memory

Shared memory

Battery Life

Up to 8.50 Hour(s)

Pcie on mac ^

Intel 5000 mac comp to the 4400 ^

Battery on mac lasts 3.5 hours longer ^

Slower processor .2 ghz^

~$400 more mac

So if that is worth $400 more to you then yes it is not overpriced.

NEXT

Hard to get the same spec? Its called an ultrabook, theres tons. 

I dont own one. But u know what I do own? PCs. Alot of them. And i Know specs.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

Check out a SIMILAR SPEC ultrabook, and compare it to the rMBP.

You used same yet you give "similar."

Make up your mind.

Terribad troll is terribad.

Dude, not hard to look at specs. The 750JZ is extremely well priced. Just because the rMBP isnt overpriced, doesnt mean its the best priced. I've only said its competitively priced and not overpriced, both of which are true.

I will admit the 750JZ has better pricing and Im wrong about that. But still, never said rMBP had the best pricing, just competitive especially with similar spec ultrabooks. 

Unless u can prove me wrong by showing me a similar spec system thats an ultrabook

Again, make up your mind...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Im surprised this has lasted as long as it has, someone PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD BY THE TERRIBAD APPLE MARKETING MONKEY/TROLL

This is using the COMPONENTS I DON'T CARE WHAT I LOOKS LIKE THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

Lowest End:

Macbook Air

11-inch : 128GB
Specifications
• 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
• Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
• Intel HD Graphics 5000
• 4GB memory
• 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1
• $899.00

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU Type
Intel Core i5-4200U 1.60GHz
Screen
13.3"
Memory Size
4GB DDR3
Hard Disk
128GB SSD
Graphics Card
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Video Memory
Shared memory
Battery Life
Up to 8.50 Hour(s)

Pcie on mac ^
Intel 5000 mac comp to the 4400 ^
Battery on mac lasts 3.5 hours longer ^
~$400 more mac

I already sad the Macbook *Air* is overpriced like a while ago. I said Macbook Pro Retina is not overpriced. Sorry if i wasnt clear. MBA has stupid pricing. Like really stupid. Unless it had a much better display, it would be okay. I'd personally get the ultrabook Linus has, the XPS 12 I believe.

You used same yet you give "similar."

Make up your mind.

Terribad troll is terribad.

Again, make up your mind...

Same, similar, w.e Sometimes u cant get the exact same specs. Its reasonable..

Im surprised this has lasted as long as it has, someone PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD BY THE TERRIBAD APPLE MARKETING MONKEY/TROLL

Still waiting for a similar/same spec ultrabook with a rMBP...

Have u not seen me on the forums? I'm a PC guy as well..

I wonder when apple will come out with brony editions.

I wonder when apple will come out with brony editions.

Bronies need to die. In a pit of fire with OJ Simpson. Idk, first person to come up in my mind.

I wonder when you will reply to the other comment..

Macbook Pro

13-inch: 2.4GHz

with Retina display

Specifications

2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5

Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz

4GB 1600MHz memory

128GB PCIe-based flash storage1

Intel Iris Graphics

Built-in battery (9 hours)2

$1,299.00

HP ProBook 450 G1 $669.99 (plus ~150$ for a 128gb ssd)

Intel Core i5-4200M Processor 2.5GHz

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM

802.11b/g/n Wireless

Iris vs AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Pcie vs sata

Probook has a faster processor

Probook (clames) to last 15 minutes longer on battery

Lower res screen on Probook

So if that $500 is worth it to you get a mac get it.

NEXT

Lowest End:

Macbook Air

• $899.00

~$400 more mac

FACTS!!!!

Ignore the weight

Ignore the size

Ignore every single other fucking think that could be important when buying a notebook

Be a dick

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

You compare 2 mbps with 3 other notebooks/ultrabooks of your choice as if to say they're representative of the whole market. First of all 2 of those are ultrabooks, which are another cathegory than the mbps and have a completely different pricing scheme (and I think ultrabooks in general are pretty overpriced anyway). Then you underline how the mbp has a pcie ssd and the razer has m.2, but they are the same thing in a different shape...

That's not how you make comparisons. Another thing to bare in mind is that a lot of people deem the ultra high resolution pretty useless in a 15" laptop and therefore don't think an mbp is worth the money over a similarly spec'd 1080p notebook.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so, have Apple user's gotten SD cards yet?

OR dare I say the ability to use a standardized charging cable instead of a proprietary piece of shit cable meant to break just before the warranty ends? AND doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

What do you mean by SD cards? SD card slots? Yes we have them.

And funnily enough, all the windows laptops we have had from the same brand, they have all had different charging cables :P

There are M.2's that run on sata and some on pcie, and I think the mbp has an M.2 ssd?

-snip-

Also the mac is aluminium, which I don't think the HP is.

And for me the HP is an i3 although you say it has i5?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Macbook Pro

13-inch: 2.4GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
• 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
• Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
• 4GB 1600MHz memory
• 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1
• Intel Iris Graphics
• Built-in battery (9 hours)2
• $1,299.00

HP ProBook 450 G1 $669.99 (plus ~150$ for a 128gb ssd)

• Intel Core i5-4200M Processor 2.5GHz
• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
• 8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM
• 802.11b/g/n Wireless

Iris vs AMD Radeon HD 8750M
Pcie vs sata
Probook has a faster processor
Probook (clames) to last 15 minutes longer on battery
Lower res screen on Probook
So if that $500 is worth it to you get a mac get it.

NEXT

PCIe is literally double the cost of regular SSDs these days, no wireless AC, crap ass 768p monitor is like $100 or less, 1600p monitor is like $400 for a big name brand (not some cheap korean brand), plastic, worse battery life, PCIe is also literally double the speed of most normal SSDs.

Why do u stay away from ultrabooks? is it because they are more expensive and macbooks seem more competitively priced against ultrabooks (which is true)

I can't really answer the question, because I'm not foolish enough to waste money on portable computers unless it's something like my win8 phone, which was cheap as dirt since we have a family plan and I was due an upgrade.

Laptops, probooks, whatever the fuck you want to call them, don't make sense to most people. They only really apply to college students, and professionals (at what I don't know or care)

If I needed a laptop for work, (if I still had a jerb) I would make work pay for it, and if it was an apple, i'd see to it that it had an unfortunate accident so I could get something with windows (hopefully)

HOWEVER, my point still stands. Conventional wisdom, is that for most people's purposes, Apple products are overpriced to hell, for nothing more than a name brand. The entire internet will agree with me on this (most likely, ignoring those who disagree on purpose to just be trolls) and in fact most of the business world, how do I know this? because most businesses use WINDOWS, and if anyone knows how to pick the best product at the cheapest price (although in most cases its just the cheapest price) it's a business.

FACTS!!!!

Ignore the weight

Ignore the size

Ignore every single other fucking think that could be important when buying a notebook

Be a dick

FACTS!!!

I said hes right, MBA is definitely overpriced. I said that long ago but no one saw it before he came to this thread. This thread is for retina macbook pro not mba which is overpriced poop. I'd get the xps 12 over it for sure.

I can't really answer the question, because I'm not foolish enough to waste money on portable computers unless it's something like my win8 phone, which was cheap as dirt since we have a family plan and I was due an upgrade.

Laptops, probooks, whatever the fuck you want to call them, don't make sense to most people. They only really apply to college students, and professionals (at what I don't know or care)

If I needed a laptop for work, (if I still had a jerb) I would make work pay for it, and if it was an apple, i'd see to it that it had an unfortunate accident so I could get something with windows (hopefully)

HOWEVER, my point still stands. Conventional wisdom, is that for most people's purposes, Apple products are overpriced to hell, for nothing more than a name brand. The entire internet will agree with me on this (most likely, ignoring those who disagree on purpose to just be trolls) and in fact most of the business world, how do I know this? because most businesses use WINDOWS, and if anyone knows how to pick the best product at the cheapest price (although in most cases its just the cheapest price) it's a business.

You never proved your point tho...like at all. Show me an ultrabok with similar or same specs with a rMBP. Windows has much better compatibility with everything because of the amount of software for it because there are low end windows machines and they are cheap, and since alot of people by them, its better to develop for that (in a way).

You compare 2 mbps with 3 other notebooks/ultrabooks of your choice as if to say they're representative of the whole market. First of all 2 of those are ultrabooks, which are another cathegory than the mbps and have a completely different pricing scheme (and I think ultrabooks in general are pretty overpriced anyway). Then you underline how the mbp has a pcie ssd and the razer has m.2, but they are the same thing in a different shape...

That's not how you make comparisons. Another thing to bare in mind is that a lot of people deem the ultra high resolution pretty useless in a 15" laptop and therefore don't think an mbp is worth the money over a similarly spec'd 1080p notebook.

They are different, but similar performance (m.2 and pcie).

I never said they were representative of the whole market, but they are some dam popular choices, yet people bash on rMBP. if u want me to add more, tell me which ultrabook or thin and light notebook.

Why stay at 1080p? Why not move on? People said 720p wasnt worth the money, and now we have 4k.

15-inch: 2.3GHz

with Retina display

Specifications

2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz

16GB 1600MHz memory

512GB PCIe-based flash storage 1

Intel Iris Pro Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750Mwith 2GB GDDR5 memory

Built-in battery (8 hours)2

$2,599.00

MSI G Series GS60 Ghost Pro-052 $1,999.00 (512gb ssd’s are ~300$)

Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4 GHz (6 MB Cache)

12 GB DDR3L SDRAM

1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive, 128 GB Solid-State Drive

15.6-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX870M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

Windows 8.1

MSI MUCH faster gpu ^

MSI Faster cpu^

Equivalent screen res.

pcie vs sata

MSI has a 2nd 1Tb drive for extra storage.

Less battery time on MSI

So if $300 is not that big deal for you and you don’t run gpu intensive programs go mac!

FACTS!!!!

Ignore the weight

Ignore the size

Be a dick

I said we are looking at The computer PARTS just the PARTS, the things that effect PERFORMANCE.

I said we are looking at The computer PARTS just the PARTS, the things that effect PERFORMANCE.

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL EVEN TALKING ABOUT NOTEBOOKS!?!?!!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log