OS Pc swap

Im going to be building a new pc soon and i think that 110$ for the os is unreasonable. i do have windows 8 on my laptop and i was wondering i if could duplicate whats on this hdd to my new one 

nop

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No you can't.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

You could theoretically just take the hdd from your laptop and plug it into the new one. If the oem license deactivates you can just call microosft over the phone and it should reactivate just fine.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

But if you clone the drive and try to run both at once your key will be disabled and then you willl have to buy 2 keys lol

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

No, you can't do that, sorry :( but Linux is free and Ubuntu is quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can also find Windows 7/8/8.1 Keys for cheap online if you take the time to search.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

You could theoretically just take the hdd from your laptop and plug it into the new one. If the oem license deactivates you can just call microosft over the phone and it should reactivate just fine.

There is so much wrong with this. First off it would have all the drivers from his laptop installed, then he would have to install the drivers for his new hardware. That just asks for problems, secondly they wont. They will if the hardware is nearly the same, ie just swapped the motherboard, it would deactivate then and they would most of the time reactivate it. But you're talking the entire system would be different and they way keys work is they're registered to the hardware. Don't post stuff you don't know about.

Now @PandaCruncher I forgot about this. On the bottom of your laptop there is a windows activation key. This key has never been used before, the way companies produce laptops and install windows they use a manufactures key to register the computer. Then they put an unused key on the bottom of your laptop incase you ever have to reinstall. Since this key was never used you can use this key on your new pc and it will work fine. They do it this way because it would be too time consuming to input ever unique key for every laptop.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

There is so much wrong with this. First off it would have all the drivers from his laptop installed, then he would have to install the drivers for his new hardware. That just asks for problems, secondly they wont. They will if the hardware is nearly the same, ie just swapped the motherboard, it would deactivate then and they would most of the time reactivate it. But you're talking the entire system would be different and they way keys work is they're registered to the hardware. Don't post stuff you don't know about.

Now @PandaCruncher I forgot about this. On the bottom of your laptop there is a windows activation key. This key has never been used before, the way companies produce laptops and install windows they use a manufactures key to register the computer. Then they put an unused key on the bottom of your laptop incase you ever have to reinstall. Since this key was never used you can use this key on your new pc and it will work fine. They do it this way because it would be too time consuming to input ever unique key for every laptop.

Lets see don't post stuff I don't know about??? I have a college degree and have been working in it professionally for 3 years now. I have done this before myself so don't you talk about stuff you don't know about. What are you some 13 year old little kid who thinks he knows everything. You might want to actually know about someone before insulting their intelligence. Have fun living in your parents basement the rest of your life.

O you know what my bad you have a lot of posts on a forum so you obviously know everything. 

Truly sorry man that is obviously my bad, I honestly didn't know you knew everything till I saw the amount of post you have.

O you know what my bad you have a lot of posts on a forum so you obviously know everything. 

Truly sorry man that is obviously my bad, I honestly didn't know you knew everything till I saw the amount of post you have.

Lol way to show how "professional" you are :D

Let me see, you have a college degree so that automatically makes everything you say correct? I see, I wasn't aware that was how it works. Glad to know that a college degree can keep you from being wrong your whole life. 

And by the way you must have had a pretty bad education to be a "professional", offer the advice you did and recommend it over using the product key on his laptop (or more likely not even knowing the manufacturing process of the laptops and how they are registered with microsoft.) Then getting insulted and getting defensive when you are told you're wrong. The fact you brought up being 13 years old and acting the way you are leads me to believe you aren't a "professional" except in your own mind and quite possibly 13 years old yourself.

And by the way you must have had a pretty bad education to be a "professional", offer the advice you did and recommend it over using the product key on his laptop (or more likely not even knowing the manufacturing process of the laptops and how they are registered with microsoft.) Then getting insulted and getting defensive when you are told you're wrong. The fact you brought up being 13 years old and acting the way you are leads me to believe you aren't a "professional" except in your own mind and quite possibly 13 years old yourself.

Well if you apparently know anything it and is illegal in no way so I honestly don't see what it matters anyways. Linux runs good on laptops so right there is a solution to that. If it would fancy you Ill post a picture of my diploma with a time stamp. I'm not getting defensive your just some stupid kid who thinks he knows everything. I could honestly care less about what you think nor what the op think. What he chooses to believe is his choice.  Regarding the issue with the driver I don't really know what to say about that besides this, there are programs to remove system driver and that includes removing more then one at once. But then after that there is a magical process used to install the new drivers on the pc. But you have to be a wizard in order to get them because it takes a special person to be able to type www._insertnamehere_.com to get the drivers from the company. 

On the bottom of my laptop the key is not there im not sure if i removed it or if it wasnt there to begin with

On the bottom of my laptop the key is not there im not sure if i removed it or if it wasnt there to begin with

Wan't there to begin. 

90% of windows 8 laptops don't actually come with that stick nor desktops.

Well if you apparently know anything it and is illegal in no way so I honestly don't see what it matters anyways. Linux runs good on laptops so right there is a solution to that. If it would fancy you Ill post a picture of my diploma with a time stamp. I'm not getting defensive your just some stupid kid who thinks he knows everything. I could honestly care less about what you think nor what the op think. What he chooses to believe is his choice.  Regarding the issue with the driver I don't really know what to say about that besides this, there are programs to remove system driver and that includes removing more then one at once. But then after that there is a magical process used to install the new drivers on the pc. But you have to be a wizard in order to get them because it takes a special person to be able to type www._insertnamehere_.com to get the drivers from the company. 

Yes, I am just some stupid kid, one who is getting defensive then hypocritical. "I could honestly care less about what you think " The saying is " I couldn't care less", If you could care less that means you have some degree of care when you're trying to express your lack of care. Secondly if this was true you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bunch or even replied to my post. Thirdly You can't even type a coherent sentence yet you expect me to believe you're a professional? Haha, let me tell you something. I have had 10 years experience in tech support, software and hardware side. Now I didn't go get a college degree for it and thank god I didn't otherwise my head would be as far up my ass as yours is. You still have a lot to learn kid, doesn't matter if you went to school for something, you ALWAYS have room to learn and when you approach things the way you have today you get nowhere. You aren't always right, you aren't a professional. You conduct yourself like a pompous freshman at college. The text shows the proof. Now I am done having this pointless conversation with someone who wont listen to anything except the voices in their own head. Good day sir.

Well there should be one, if there isn't then you're only choice is buy windows again or go with linux as a free alternative. 

Yes, I am just some stupid kid, one who is getting defensive then hypocritical. "I could honestly care less about what you think " The saying is " I couldn't care less", If you could care less that means you have some degree of care when you're trying to express your lack of care. Secondly if this was true you wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bunch or even replied to my post. Thirdly You can't even type a coherent sentence yet you expect me to believe you're a professional? Haha, let me tell you something. I have had 10 years experience in tech support, software and hardware side. Now I didn't go get a college degree for it and thank god I didn't otherwise my head would be as far up my ass as yours is. You still have a lot to learn kid, doesn't matter if you went to school for something, you ALWAYS have room to learn and when you approach things the way you have today you get nowhere. You aren't always right, you aren't a professional. You conduct yourself like a pompous freshman at college. The text shows the proof. Now I am done having this pointless conversation with someone who wont listen to anything except the voices in their own head. Good day sir.

Well there should be one, if there isn't then you're only choice is buy windows again or go with linux as a free alternative. 

How hard would it be to remove all the drivers for the laptop and i most likely will not be using this crappy laptop again

But if you clone the drive and try to run both at once your key will be disabled and then you willl have to buy 2 keys lol

i probably wont ever use this crappy 400$ laptop ever again

snip

snip

both of you are acting like kids.  stay on topic or shut the fuck up. take your personal despute elseware.

@PandaCruncher  if it really doesn't come with that sticker, you're pretty much outta luck.  you'll either have to find a cheap code online (or aquire one from less legitimate sources) or switch to some variation of linux.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Well i didnt really get my question answered but i think ill just go for it