ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

The IPS pannel, much better than a TN.

The pretty red light on the front of the lid....... liiigghhttts :P

I actually love the subwoofer, because I listen to music and game with speakers, and having an optional but not crappy built in sub is an amazing addon in my opinion.

My favorite thing about that notebook is the build quality. The aluminum finish gives it a professional touch, while the red bevel and the badge hint at its gaming 'orientedness' without being all in-your-face about it. The slim not-so-fat form factor adds nicely to the aesthetics, as well. A very nice machine, indeed.

Motherboard: MSI 770-C45 2606Mhz HT 200Mhz Bclk | CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3606Mhz | GPU: ASUS R9 270 DCU2 2GB 1125MHz Core 1500Mhz vRAM

RAM: HyperX Black PC3-12800 1600MHz 9-9-9-20 | Storage: HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA II + 570GB| PSU: EVGA 500B 500W              

F@H Stats: 7,077,384pts x 576wu (08/14/2015)                                                                                                    green=stock setting     red=above spec     blue=below spec

System Name: Rocinante = "workhorse"                                                                                                                                           

I think my favorite thing is the great balance they achieved with the Dark gray / Black / Red colors and brushed aluminium. It looks professional and aggressive at the same time. I would love to use it in my workplace and then geek out on it with my friends at LANs. But the first thing that should be done is to remove the whole bottom cover, and do a protection spray paint on it, to make sure those signatures stay in place :) 

Good luck for everyone !

The...display IPS ..yes please!

That sexy backlit keyboard! Looks so good!

I like that It can handle gaming without actually overheating like my current piece of.... laptop.

The brush finish and the slim design looks amazing! I would love to win this and get all the signatures!

Aluminium built ...IPS display and the speakers!

Such a pretty laptop with power to back it up.

My favourite thing is that this is a gaming laptop even if you can't play everything on ultra high settings, well considering the fact that I can only safely play games on my current PC on lowest setting it wouldn't really matter to me.

That think looks really nice, I've always been a fan of black and green color schemes but this laptop looks really nice with the red. I'm a mobile gamer and I hate lugging around my whole desktop so a gaming laptop would be really nice. Best of luck to all!

I really like the aluminum build and the ips screen.

I <3 the ips display...my old tn panel is jealous :D  :P

It's well-built  slim, and decently priced.

That think looks really nice, I've always been a fan of black and green color schemes but this laptop looks really nice with the red. I'm a mobile gamer and I hate lugging around my whole desktop so a gaming laptop would be really nice. Best of luck to all!

I like the Display, LED lightning on the Key Board and the ports available on the laptop.

good Luck to all.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1lEjDVK

Amazon: http://geni.us/1IQe

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine that strikes a solid balance between form factor, looks, performance, and cost.

Alright, now onto the really good stuff. We have an ASUS G550JK (signed by some of the HighLANder attendees including Linus, Luke, Logan, and Austin) to give away to one lucky viewer! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G550JK from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win this laptop!

Best of luck to everyone! One entry per household. The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 18th. The winner will be drawn LIVE on The WAN Show, so make sure you're watching at twitch.tv/linustech at 4:30pm Pacific on July 18th!

The fact that it has been to the highest LAN party. That's pretty awesome.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Design and portability. :)