Left out food that was microwaved ....

DeViLzzz

I cooked up some Stouffer's Veal Parma last night in the microwave but forgot about it.  I approximate that I left it on the cupboard for a total of 9 hrs in an air conditioned/central air apartment.  Is there any chance I can still eat this without it killing me?  I put it back in the fridge after I found it out cuz if I don't have to throw it out I won't.

:o

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Theres so many preservatives in food you could leave it out for a month and it would be fine

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I cooked up some Stouffer's Veal Parma last night in the microwave but forgot about it.  I approximate that I left it on the cupboard for a total of 9 hrs in an air conditioned/central air apartment.  Is there any chance I can still eat this without it killing me?  I put it back in the fridge after I found it out cuz if I don't have to throw it out I won't.

nope

don't eat anything left overnight

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'd advise against eating microwavable meals anyway, the amount of sodium in them for a start is insane.

9 hours is far too long. There is a chance it's fine but don't risk it. You could be vomiting for 3 days straight.

I am getting different opinions here ...

:S

I guess the safe play is to write it off.  Heck the good news is at least with Stouffers' I get the points from the box that can go towards getting free food and other stuff anyway.  It only takes 4 box codes to get a free meal so yeah I guess it isn't worth.  It really ticks me off though that I wasted something I really like. 

from what i learned in all my culinary classes was 2 hrs at above room temp but under cooking point (safest point for all food would be 165F, which is the min for safe poultry), and then an additional 2 for room temp and under, but above cold holding (42 F), under 42 and over 165 would be the best to hold until it spoils (very unlikely at the high one, but given time its all possible.) In short if it drops below 165F you have 4 hours to get it above that point or its bad. (you have 4 hrs at most any more and its safest to throw it out, but make sure to heat it up again before eating).

Nothing to see here, move along

I did that. I puked all the next day. It's not worth it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'd advise against eating microwavable meals anyway, the amount of sodium in them for a start is insane.

Is it bad I ate like 6 cup of noodles yesterday?

Ok I will play it safe people.  Solved ...

Thanks LTT community.

I do it a lot. A day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

instant noodles are one of the worst foods you can eat, all the sodium and other crap is in the powdered sauce, you will find that all the meatheads in prison that live on tuna and top ramen don't eat the sauce packet because it's full of sodium.

you can normally tell if you've caned the salt because you're thirsty all day lol

instant noodles are one of the worst foods you can eat, all the sodium and other crap is in the powdered sauce, you will find that all the meatheads in prison that live on tuna and top ramen don't eat the sauce packet because it's full of sodium.

you can normally tell if you've caned the salt because you're thirsty all day lol

I'm always thirsty.

I'm always thirsty.

maybe chill on the sodium (salt) intake then, it also fucks up your heart over time because it raises your blood pressure when you consume too much of it.

fresh foods don't contain added salt, foods that are packaged up to have a shelf life have it added for that reason.

f020_sodium_batman.jpg?w=549

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

maybe chill on the sodium (salt) intake then, it also fucks up your heart over time because it raises your blood pressure when you consume too much of it.

fresh foods don't contain added salt, foods that are packaged up to have a shelf life have it added for that reason.

I only did this once. As for my heart, that's already thrown out the window. :lol:

I only did this once. As for my heart, that's already thrown out the window. :lol:

look after that shit man you only get one

lol wat

Sodium FTW!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I can't see it, it's inside of me :(

The real question is: how can you forget about food?

No he means he has a disease or disorder with his heart, he told once.