What is something you would never buy no matter how cheap it is?

Anything labeled Acer or Toshiba.  (Too many failures to trust them again).

An Acer customer is offended. :(

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

An Acer customer is offended. :(

I intend no offense (you are welcome to feel so if you wish).  Having owned multiple Acer laptops (15.4", i3-380m, gt540m - 5552 stock and D250 iirc (netbook, atom dual core), none of them lasted more than 3 months before they failed (the first the GPU (Nvidia) gave out followed shortly by the motherboard (Warranty repairs were DENIED, and acer gave 0 responce as to WHY.). The 5552 is just junk. The keyboard literally came apart from use, and it overheated 2 hours out of the box. Horrible design.    The netbook shipped with bad RAM, and a failing HDD. Nothing I could not fix easily, but still out of acceptable for a brand new system (It would have been returned had it not been a gift).

Say one thing, it would be that all of these are very low end systems. Excuse it like that if you wish, but having used similarly low end IBM, Lenovo, HP, and Compaq laptops I never had an issue out of them aside from too weak a processor, or running out of RAM. Never a hardware failure, and never an issue out of the box. Acer and Toshiba just left a bad taste in my mouth. (Toshiba was just for low build quality in the $700+ range, given that this was as XP was being replaced by Vista, newest was in 2008 IIRC. By low build quality, I mean most of them had little to know reinforcement in teh LCD or base. If you grabbed it by a corner, then entire chassis flexed. That was unacceptable to me. Even this ultra low end DM3 does not flex, it is actually quite stiff when held by one corner, and it was MUCH cheaper than the least expensive Toshiba (by some $200 at least).)

***Sorry for the long explanation. Just felt like explaining why I will not buy from them again.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Chinese tablets.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Call of duty (instert number)

sex toys

expired food

FX 9590 (too many extra components to buy to be able to use it although maybe I could buy it for 5 bucks and resell it at 250...)

xbox 360-one (no way I'm paying for live gold and without it it might just as well be a brick)

A copy of world of warcraft (again no way I'm paying the sub fee)

a used condom

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Refurb anything.

Whats wrong with refurbs?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Ritek DVDRW media

Chinese toy-like USB flash drives

Used tires

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Windows 8 and the iPhone

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Anything that's refurbished.

that cuts me deep man, my GPU is refurbished but i didn't know that upon buying it

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Mine would probably have to be any dell or hp products. I know there are 2 of them listed but that is just how much I hate those 2 companies.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Windows 8 and the iPhone

Windows 8 isn't a bad os itself it's just the ui that is widely hated across the technology universe. It does offer some great performance advantages over 7 once you get rid of the whole metro thing.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

xbox 360-one (no way I'm paying for live gold and without it it might just as well be a brick)

If the Xbox One can play MKV I'd buy one for a cheap ass media client.

Hey the question is no matter how cheap so it could be 1$ :P

What i wouldn't buy is watchdogs.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

If the Xbox One can play MKV I'd buy one

I'm not even sure it can lol. I suppose it would work as a blue-ray drive though, but I already have one and a burner too :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not even sure it can lol. I suppose it would work as a blue-ray drive though, but I already have one and a burner too :P

Yeah I've a bluray drive too. If it can't play MKV and microsoft pitch this as the the one device for the living room I think I might wet myself with laughter.

My friend owns two (no idea exactly why he has them both sitting next to each other ) might as well ask him tomorrow.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Horrible components like a PSU, HDD, RAM, fans, plastic cases etc etc.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Nvidia shield. Maybe I would buy it if it was $1. I would buy it to smash it but that's about it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

LEDs

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Pussy.....it kills the thrill of the hunt!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Probably hardware with people's gamer names on it like that fatality with the 1 in it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

that cuts me deep man, my GPU is refurbished but i didn't know that upon buying it

Let me wrap that cut up for you.  ;) I've had bad experiences with refurbished items. 

Windows 8 isn't a bad os itself it's just the ui that is widely hated across the technology universe. It does offer some great performance advantages over 7 once you get rid of the whole metro thing.

Windows 8 isn't bad it's still Windows after all but I hate metro so much i would sooner cut my fingernails off with paper than buy it. Once Windows 9 comes out since it's rumored to be focused on the desktop I'll probably update but if it's anything like Windows 8 then i'll be using Windows 7 for a few more years.