HTC Boomsound on or off? [WITH HEADPHONES]

Cs342

Hi guys, for those of you who have the HTC One M8, do you use Boomsound when listening to music with headphones?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hi guys, for those of you who have the HTC One M8, do you use Boomsound when listening to music with headphones?

Leave it on. Turning it off just suppresses the Highs and the Lows which sounds awful.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Basically that is just an equalizer. It's a must have for listening on the speakers, and still sounds OK on headphones.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Always turn on 'LOUD' or 'BASS' or 'BOOM' on any sound system. Makes it sound way better.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm talking about using headphones - Boomsound can't be turned off when using speakers. I've found that with Boomsound on, music through headphones always sounds very muddy and bloated, with too much bass and annoyingly sharp highs

I turn it off when I use my good headphones (marshal monitors or Sennheiser HD380's), but if I'm using less expensive ones or have it hooked up to my car or whatever, I leave it on. It just boosts the bass and the highs some is all, and I didn't like the way it sounded through the headphones. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

I turn it off when I use my good headphones (marshal monitors or Sennheiser HD380's), but if I'm using less expensive ones or have it hooked up to my car or whatever, I leave it on. It just boosts the bass and the highs some is all, and I didn't like the way it sounded through the headphones. 

So it generally makes bad headphones sound good and good headphones sound bad?

So it generally makes bad headphones sound good and good headphones sound bad?

That's been my experience, but you mileage may vary. It just seems to be something for the average user to benefit from, taking in to consideration that they probably won't have, on average, anything more than either 50 dollar ear buds, or maybe some beats (and therefore probably want more bass anyway). 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

That's been my experience, but you mileage may vary. It just seems to be something for the average user to benefit from, taking in to consideration that they probably won't have, on average, anything more than either 50 dollar ear buds, or maybe some beats (and therefore probably want more bass anyway). 

I have $200 headphones and music sounds horrible with Boomsound on. Maybe my headphones are broken but I don't think that's the case...

I have $200 headphones and music sounds horrible with Boomsound on. Maybe my headphones are broken but I don't think that's the case...

That's what I'm saying. I turn it off whenever I use decent headphones. Just cheaper ones or car systems or whatever is when I keep it on.

That's what I'm saying. I turn it off whenever I use decent headphones. Just cheaper ones or car systems or whatever is when I keep it on.

I'm surprised Boomsound is so bad. I thought with all the hype it would at least improve the audio somewhat.

I'm surprised Boomsound is so bad. I thought with all the hype it would at least improve the audio somewhat.

And it does for a large majority of the population who are listening to their music through "normal", inexpensive headphones. The way I see it, boomsound helps those people who don't invest real money into their audio equipment, and turning it off gives those of us who do spend money on audio stuff one of, if not the best levels of audio quality from a portable device thus far. 

And it does for a large majority of the population who are listening to their music through "normal", inexpensive headphones. The way I see it, boomsound helps those people who don't invest real money into their audio equipment, and turning it off gives those of us who do spend money on audio stuff one of, if not the best levels of audio quality from a portable device thus far. 

So how does the One M8 with Boomsound Off compare to the Galaxy S5 and LG G3?