Xperia Z2 or M8

Hello, I've been recently looking for a new phone to replace my old xperia ion. I have settled on two phones, the sony xperia z2 and htc one m8. I can't really decide which one to choose though...

A few key things i like about the Z2

-larger battery, -waterproof (im a swimmer), -more familiar UI, -Better camera-extra gb of ram-magnetic docking

and the m8

-I love its metal chasis-boomsound speakers-more simplistic UI

so what it really comes to is the design of the m8 over the z2 but i like the specs of the z2 over the m8. So what do you think? and can you think of the types of people who would use each phone ex. businessman would prob choose z2.

PS: if it comes down to the m8 being my choice, should i get the harmon kardon edition. I like its audio boosts and earbuds but im not sure about its design, (is the black too black?) do you like the HKE better? why?

First, decide whether you care more about durability or design. I personally would go with the Z2 in your case, though.

Htc One m8 Of course 
Boom sound's much more improved
and the 5mp front camera is perfect for selfies 
And if u want to make in waterproof Just give it to a 3rd party Company and they'll make in waterproof/dustproof 
It's Customization is good too 

So im a HTC One user or i was. After it was stolen i was in the same situation M8 or Z2. My wife was quicker and bought me z2 on anniversary (thank God we talk about stuff) and i want to say that HTC design is awesome but after using XPERIA i can say it is more you have more, it is like class above i have so much fun with it, feels good in hand and the blinking led light is something i love more then anything. Pictures are incredible and the sd slot is my GOD i would die without it. I really like what SONY done with android and smartband is useful. 

I really recommend that u try both phones in shop or something and decide yourself.

ps oh yes and the headphones are very good.

"I trust everyone, I just don't trust the devil inside them."

I'd go with Sony, the ui is stock-like and while it's not solid metal it still looks nice with the metal frame plus glass back. Plus the waterproofing and the better camera. Oh and if I'm correct the Sony also has front facing stereo speakers.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I have the Z1, the waterproofness has been a life saver about 5 times now.

The camera is amazing and the Video is even better. The design feels very nice.

The Sony UI is anoying, but you can get rid of it using another launcher. It is better than Samsung or LG, but nothing to Motorolla.

The battery is amazing. And the display also, and the Sony Z1/Z2 are rare phones, so a little more original choice. 

I personally like the sharp corners on the Z1 and Z2, but they are not sharp to hold. It's a perfect design.

I don't know the durability of the M8 but I have flung my Z1 across the room when I tripped on my headphones connected to it, and it is fine, could have been luck, or the quality, it really feels solid.

Also, the Z2 has dual front facing speakers.

And the HKE of the M8 has nothing on Sonys years with Walkman, the audio is just fine, and you can adjust with a really nice equalizer.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I suggest you to go for HTC One M8.