Corsair 900D build! Under Red Water

Sulfatron

I'd like to know if there is room in the back of the basement for a pump with your setup?

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'd like to know if there is room in the back of the basement for a pump with your setup?

Yes, plenty of room in front of the PSU with a single 480 rad, you could even have room for a D5 right next to the PSU (near the second PSU slot) is you use a 420 rad or squeeze a DDC pump with a large 480 rad.

Yes, plenty of room in front of the PSU with a single 480 rad, you could even have room for a D5 right next to the PSU (near the second PSU slot) is you use a 420 rad or squeeze a DDC pump with a large 480 rad.

Awesome, thanks :)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sexy. I am trying to work up the nerve to try my hand on watercooling one of these days.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

Great Build!. I'm looking to do something similar, how are you powering all those fans? Just daisy chain to Power supply? or anything special. Also what fans are those! 

Sexy. I am trying to work up the nerve to try my hand on watercooling one of these days.

Thx, Just go for it!! Once you try watercooling, you'll never go back to air or closed loop cooling  ;) .

Great Build!. I'm looking to do something similar, how are you powering all those fans? Just daisy chain to Power supply? or anything special. Also what fans are those! 

The rad fans are SP120s quiet edition and all the other case fans are AF120 & AF140, also quiet edition.

I use a couple of these to power all the fans (Phobya Multi Fan);

post-20214-0-87041400-1369068470.jpg

I also use two 7v adapters for the SP120s and a single 7v adapter for the AF120s. Keeps the fan speed very low and quiet.

On the bottom on the non radiator side are you just running fans, or are both rads push/pull?

On the bottom on the non radiator side are you just running fans, or are both rads push/pull?

That's right, just 3 fans on the PSU side.

Damn this is Beast aesthetics look great!

Cheers!!

Those 680's are dwarfed by that case  :blink:

This looks gorgeous :). The 900D gives you a +99% to awesome build success rate :lol: it's an awesome case, I really love how you can route not just cables, but also tubes down the back of the MB tray. The only thing it lack is WC for the GPUs, but I understand why you didn't :).

Somebody filled a 900d....now I can die in peace...

Rig: CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.65GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | CPU Cooler: Corsair H-100i | GPU: 2X ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 660ti | RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB 1866MHz | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified | Case: Corsair Carbide 500r | OS: Windows 7 Professional | Mouse: Tt eSports Theron | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 (Cherry MX Browns)

Those 680's are dwarfed by that case  :blink:

Lol. They do look like a pair of GT640s..

Oh my god really nice, great job!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Very nice case you have there, I wanted to get this case but they were out of stock. And do you know when they will restock? 

Plus has alot of dust gotten inside your case?

Very nice case you have there, I wanted to get this case but they were out of stock. And do you know when they will restock? 

Plus has alot of dust gotten inside your case?

If you're in the UK, they should be in stock at the end of the month.

The filters do an excellent job so far keeping the dust out. If you keep your fans on low speed it shouldn't be a problem.

After reading all the comments about watercooling the GPUs, I took the plunge and got myself some blocks for my 680s.. Yay

I'll post the pictures of the upgrade real soon..

Phenomenal color coordination!  Very tough looking

Very nice build. Well put together, and the EK fittings look really good.

Only thing I'd change around the CPU block area, it might look better going chipset > CPU > chipset with some 90s and even possibly some SLI/CF fittings to get rid of some hose. The loop between the chipset blocks hides the CPU block a bit.

looks solid though. Don't see many builds with all EK water components!

My build is now complete..

Psh, everyone knows a build is never complete haha. Nice job though 

• 3 weeks later...

You really should have used air cooled GPU's incase you want to upgrade them in the future!                

Oh man I'm just kidding that looks great, and I'm sure your glad you did it!  everyone that has a 900D on Air gets beat to a pulp in the forums.  I like to have a case larger than I need, because you never know what you'll do in the future.  Very nice job! enjoy

Excellent work.  Almost the same build that I'm planning.  Sucks that I can't get the case though!  I paid in full in Feb. '13.  Mid June and still waiting for delivery.  NCIX and Newegg are out of stock (never had stock).  Sucks waiting!  

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late answer guys, been on a well deserved holiday :)

Very nice build. Well put together, and the EK fittings look really good.

Only thing I'd change around the CPU block area, it might look better going chipset > CPU > chipset with some 90s and even possibly some SLI/CF fittings to get rid of some hose. The loop between the chipset blocks hides the CPU block a bit.

looks solid though. Don't see many builds with all EK water components!

Thanks!! I tried some EK 90s on the chipset and CPU blocks but the fat tubes made it really hard to put together, side pressure on the fittings was huge so I gave up and used standard straight fittings..

Psh, everyone knows a build is never complete haha. Nice job though

Haha, very true!! I'm already looking for a 3rd GTX 680.

Might be sad but I enjoy modding the computer more than actually using it....... Sad!!

You really should have used air cooled GPU's incase you want to upgrade them in the future!                

Oh man I'm just kidding that looks great, and I'm sure your glad you did it!  everyone that has a 900D on Air gets beat to a pulp in the forums.  I like to have a case larger than I need, because you never know what you'll do in the future.  Very nice job! enjoy

Thanks man!! I did get fair amount of critics for not watecooling the GPUs. I deserved it!

Excellent work.  Almost the same build that I'm planning.  Sucks that I can't get the case though!  I paid in full in Feb. '13.  Mid June and still waiting for delivery.  NCIX and Newegg are out of stock (never had stock).  Sucks waiting!

Thanks!! Good luck with your build, you'll enjoy working on the 900d ;)