Corsair 900D build! Under Red Water

Sulfatron

Hi,

How did you attach the pump onto the HDD railing? Did you have to drill holes there too or did you use some kind of adhesive tape or velcro? I have the exact same pump and case and was debatting if I should install it at the base but since it has an acrelic top with leds, it should defeat the purpose. So I would like to do it like you, mount it to the HDD cage railing. So how did you mount it?

thanks

Awesome build!  Still in awe from it.  Any issues you have come across over the past few months since building it?  My problem is leaving it alone - a constant work in progress.  LOL

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Hi,

How did you attach the pump onto the HDD railing? Did you have to drill holes there too or did you use some kind of adhesive tape or velcro? I have the exact same pump and case and was debatting if I should install it at the base but since it has an acrelic top with leds, it should defeat the purpose. So I would like to do it like you, mount it to the HDD cage railing. So how did you mount it?

thanks

I simply used two cable ties to secure the pump, I also added some foam under the pump to get rid of vibrations. It's definitely worth showing the acrylic top.. Looks sexy :P

Awesome build!  Still in awe from it.  Any issues you have come across over the past few months since building it?  My problem is leaving it alone - a constant work in progress.  LOL

Thx dude! No issues at all, been running it nearly 24h a day since day one and haven't experienced any problems so far. EK fittings are really reliable.

Dust on rads is my only issue, gives me a reason to open the beast from time to time :D .

Damn dude! Looks great. Im not really a fan of the 900d but you made I look beast. :)

That looks so cool

Corsair 350d, Asus Gryphon Z87, Intel i5 4670k 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600 MHz,

AMD Radeon 260x, Corsair CX600, OCZ Vetex 450 128gb, Seagate 2 TB 

• 4 months later...

First build I've seen in a while that makes the 900D look small! lol 

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

Is that norprene tubing? Really liking the tubing/fitting

colour combo you've got going here. A very nice upgrade

indeed. thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

very nice

awesome build man.  Looks like a lot of work

First build I've seen in a while that makes the 900D look small! lol

Thanks, lots of work indeed!!

Is that norprene tubing? Really liking the tubing/fittingcolour combo you've got going here. A very nice upgradeindeed. thumb.gif

Tubing is EK ZMT 16/10mm..

dat matt black tubing though HNNNNGGG

:)

Tubing is EK ZMT 16/10mm..

Ah, cool. Hadn't heard of that one before. Looking at EK's product

site for it, it seems very similar to Norprene. If I wasn't doing

copper tubing in my build I'd probably go for this or Norprene,

I'm really digging the matte black. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Very nice build.  Not a fan of red and black but this is kinda cool

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Almost the same as my friends... I would add extra carbon fiber vynil to the outside... That acrylic thing is just pure love!

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

No excuse for your cpu getting hot now, all those rads just for a cpu :/

Love the new look. Now only if you could get the white out of the EK mobo block it would be totally perfect. Nice and subtle with tones of detail! Excellent work!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0