Samsung 850 pro

Richard Burton

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

SanDisk Extreme Pro also has 10 years warranty

why the need for so long warranty???

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Well my 2 840 pros died on me last week and I just got some replacements back so that's a good thing but my confidence in Samsung is pretty shakey right now as my Samsung laptop has problems too. At least the replacement was very fast but they did force me to call them since their online submission doesn't actually get responses from them. 

Well my 2 840 pros died on me last week and I just got some replacements back so that's a good thing but my confidence in Samsung is pretty shakey right now as my Samsung laptop has problems too. At least the replacement was very fast but they did force me to call them since their online submission doesn't actually get responses from them. 

Were they in Raid 0 by any chance?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The lines between technology and witchcraft grow ever blurry.

I'm also impressed by how ADATA gets written off as the bad brand, and then gets by far the lowest random access time.

hdtune-randomaccess.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Were they in Raid 0 by any chance?

I'm also impressed by how ADATA gets written off as the bad brand, and then gets by far the lowest random access time.

They were and I actually really like Adata lol. They're probably my favorite ssd brand right now. 

SanDisk Extreme Pro also has 10 years warranty

why the need for so long warranty???

Because they are confident that it won't break for years to come.

I have a feeling that you are determining that the longer the warranty, the more likely it is going to break. Let me reassure you that, if the manufacturer was sure the product was going to break in a year, then they wouldn't give it a 10 year warranty, they would give it a 1 year warranty. Longer warranty =/= shorter life expectancy. 

You should elaborate more on a news thread, not just a link and 5 words. 

Specifications:

specs.png

Video reviews:

PCPER(Video from OP's Link)

HardwareHeaven

Some Reviews:

AnandTech

Techspot

TechReport

TomsHardware

TweakTown

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

They were and I actually really like Adata lol. They're probably my favorite ssd brand right now. 

I mean with Raid 0 you should almost expect it to fail lol, and you should always call in for something as time consuming as RMA when you're able to, better than waiting for a response in 2 days IMO.

I love this page though it's awesome

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Storage/Samsung-850-Pro-512GB-Full-Review-NAND-Goes-3D/Performance-Over-Time-and-TRIM

Samsung says, "Come at me bro"

Linus Sebastian said:

10 years is way too much, most of us would have another storage by then, it's a marketing way of saying "it will last a lot". But hey, if they say so, I will not complain.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Yeah, no. There's clearly no need for elaboration on this. 

Yeah, no. There really isn't need for elaboration with this one.

-Nevermind-Edited-

Back on topic, does anyone wish they changed the looks a bit too? Just to differentiate a bit from the 840 Pro. Not saying it looks bad or that it need it, it's just a thought.

Common practice in all forums I've been for the last 15 years, it's kinda lazy not to elaborate.

READ BEFORE POSTING in this Section!

Back on topic, does anyone wish they changed the looks a bit too? Just to differentiate a bit from the 840 Pro. Not saying it looks bad or that it need it, it's just a thought.

It was some bad sarcasm. Seemed great at the time, but looking back at it, no. 

As for the looks, I really don't think they could have done much better, so I'd say no.

It was some bad sarcasm. Seemed great at the time, but looking back at it, no. 

As for the looks, I really don't think they could have done much better, so I'd say no.

Oh, my apologies then, I'll edit my post. 

Yes, and after posting it I thought, most of the people hide their SSDs anyways.

Oh, my apologies then, I'll edit my post. 

Yes, and after posting it I thought, most of the people hide their SSDs anyways.

Yeah, mine are ghetto-mounted in back of the MOBO tray, due to a lack of drive bays.

I WANT ONE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Damn that price point though! And they should have made it SATA Express 10Gb/s! Or Hell put it immediately to M.2 Ultra or PCIe 4x form factor.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Damn that price point though! And they should have made it SATA Express 10Gb/s! Or Hell put it immediately to M.2 Ultra or PCIe 4x form factor.

Samsung might "port" it to them, you never know.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's more expensive because of the reliability and especially the R&D costs. Future SSDs from Samsung with this 3D tech will be cheaper.

150Tb with 40Gb/day seems awfully low for an SSD, especially a Pro. The Petabyte challenge has taught us that older cheaper 2D SSDs with 2/3year warranties can do 600Tb or more easily.