Anybody experienced the Moto E yet?

Because this super cheap phone really interests me for some reason, might get it as a backup/second device next to my M7.

Would appreciate input on this budget miracle.

Asking about the E now, not the G, let it be clear. I know the fucking G is a better value...

I don't really think it's worth it, you can get a Moto G for like 50$ more and it's a lot better.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I don't really think it's worth it, you can get a Moto G for like 50$ more and it's a lot better.

I know that, really, my younger sister has one, survived us dipping it into a full sink twice. On purpose...

Still, 50 dollars is considerable :P besides, small amount of reviews about this budget phone at the time, I would absolutely love it if @LinusTech could review it as a random video... But small chance I suppose, I think only high end phones get reviews?

The Moto G is already considered a "budget version" for the Moto X. Just to keep it short, if you have the money to buy the E, paying the small extra for the G is worth it.

The Moto G is already considered a "budget version" for the Moto X. Just to keep it short, if you have the money to buy the E, paying the small extra for the G is worth it.

Why do I need to repeat this. -_-

Dude, I know the Moto G is a better value I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!

Asking about the E now, not the G, let it be clear.

Why do I need to repeat this. -_-

Dude, I know the Moto G is a better value I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!

Asking about the E now, not the G, let it be clear.

Yeah, I got that. The E is good, but I personally recommend you to get the G, and the LTE version, which has 4G and the micro sd card slot.

That's where I find the E useful.

It has a micro sd slot of up to 32, while the starter version of the G doesn't. In all other aspects, the G is superior.

Also, the E only has 4 GB of internal memory, but probably like 1 or 2 of those will be used by the system, so you are forced to use your micro sd if you want some decent storage (which isn't that bad, but still). The E's resolution is also considerably lower than the G; has a dual core compared to G's quad core; has no frontal camera, but that's a plus to be honest  :D

I read a Hungarian review about it, the piece they got was badly built(not sure how common it is tho) they say most of the stuff can only get away with it bc of the price tag. If you plan to put a buttload of apps on it I expect it to not work so well. Bear in mind these are only second hand informations and assumptions. If I may ask why do you even need a smartphone as backup/secondary? In your place I'd get a 10$ feature phone for that if that 50 bucks matters anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I have both the G and E. (both currently in daily use)

I don't feel any disadvantage for for usual tasks. I guess that in some cases the four cores of the G could get handy (some games maybe?), but these are not too common for me

Im not sure, but the E WiFi might be worse?

1. Display feels good

2. Common everyday performance is good and feels snappy

3. Unsure about the WiFi - the E has a single band and G too

4. Camera is the same in both (quite low quality)

you can read the ArsTechnica review:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/the-best-unlocked-phone-129-can-buy-motorolas-moto-e-reviewed/3/

Seems like their results show lower performance for the E in everyday uses (opening apps)

It is true that the G is a bi step up for this ilttle difference, but that doesn't mean you need the G. I find the E totally good for me and I'm happy with it - if it will work for 5-6 years, I'll be glad. 

Depends on your uses

I know that, really, my younger sister has one, survived us dipping it into a full sink twice. On purpose...

Still, 50 dollars is considerable :P besides, small amount of reviews about this budget phone at the time, I would absolutely love it if @LinusTech could review it as a random video... But small chance I suppose, I think only high end phones get reviews?

The $50 is worth it. Moto E has similar specs to the Galaxy S2 whereas Moto G is more similar to the S3. 

And yes, the Moto G is practically waterproof.

"Rawr XD"

Okay, bought the E, will be delivered tomorrow. :)