loud fan like noise from h75

sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. i have 2 noctua fans on my hydro h75. an nf-f12 and a nf-p12 in push/pull. both fans are at minimun rpm, yet i hear a fan like wooosh coming from my computer. im not sure if it even is my water cooler fans, but i suspect it is. i expected silence because i paid a lot for it. what could be the cause of the noise? i also have an hdd. could that be doing it?

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Terve!
I recommend to disconnect both fans for a short period of time.

If the noise stays, it is not from the fans.

For example: my Fan controller, which is on board with the Cooler Master Cosmos II I am using is making an awful noise, if I do not push the fans to maximum RPM.

For your HDD: Basicly everything can produce noise. I had a server-build that was doing a lot of noise, because the two HDDs were building up

vibration of the case, which then made the noise.

My experience with Noctua was solid until now.

But an NH-D14 has an easy game, if there is a reference 7970 fan blowing under it.

An other thing I would do is comparing temperatures if you remove one fan. (interfering air from different types of fans is also able to produce noise)

As far as I saw, the H75 has a relatively thin radiator, which does not have a lot of resistance.

But probalby the high amount of fins per inch is building up eough resistance to make a difference in the temperatures.

I cannot tell you, what will happen there.

Hope I was able to help you there.

Sayonara!

sorry if this is the wrong area to post this. i have 2 noctua fans on my hydro h75. an nf-f12 and a nf-p12 in push/pull. both fans are at minimun rpm, yet i hear a fan like wooosh coming from my computer. im not sure if it even is my water cooler fans, but i suspect it is. i expected silence because i paid a lot for it. what could be the cause of the noise? i also have an hdd. could that be doing it?

unplug the fans momentarily to find source of noise.

I will try that and report back

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

unplug the fans momentarily to find source of noise.

i unplugged the fans and the noise stopped. i think it is because my case does not isolate sound very well. i have a coolermaster haf 912. i cant bring myself to pay more than 80 dollars for a pc case

i unplugged the fans and the noise stopped. i think it is because my case does not isolate sound very well. i have a coolermaster haf 912. i cant bring myself to pay more than 80 dollars for a pc case

noise is with both fans or just the F12?

noise is with both fans or just the F12?

both. i can hear both of them even when running one at a time, at minimun rpm

both. i can hear both of them even when running one at a time, at minimun rpm

It might be vibration. Try running the fans while isolated from the rad. You could hold the fan with your hand and see if they still make noise when not touching something hard like the rad. If it turns out to be vibration, get some rubber washers or something of the sort to separate them from the rad. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.