This is THE worst year for gaming of my whole life.

MxZeal

Wolfenstein, Dark Souls 2, Walking Dead Season Two...yeah, it's kinda hard to think of good new games that came out this year.

Yeah, this is basically what I was going to say. Wolfenstein is one if the best FPS's in recent history, Dark Souls 2 is flat out amazing, and though I'm not really a fan of telltale adventure games, a lot if people really like them. Borderlands pre-sequel is coming later, along with far cry 4, and if you wait until February, the witcher 3 is looking absolutely fantastic.

You have to keep in mind we kind of just came out of the time of the year when less games are released, and that goes doubly this year, but it's almost fall when the biggest releases come out.

EDIT: forgot about the strategy games! Civ after earth is coming in October and we had AoW 3 earlier this year. Oooh, and transistor came out in May...

Despite all their hate, thief was pretty good for what it was, and watchdogs is good, despite not living up to the hype. I'm actually having a harder time thinking of many good games from last year.

It's funny cause the games I play mostly now are games that are released years ago. Company of Heroes, C&C Generals and Battlefield 3. The only recent newish game I bought is Planetary Annihilation but that doesn't count as it was "available" years ago. Game released now days get me going for a few hours before I get sick of them ):

Yes and no.

I'm more in disagreement, though.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Nah games are worst.. period.

that doesn't mean there aren't good games, but they are definitely worse.

You should try Divinity original sin. I have been spending TONS of hours in it. A really awesome game!

Mehh, I didn't enjoy gaming. But after I moved to a new room with a brand new desk etc it all became much more fun. Had nearly no space on my old desk aswell.

I don't dislike any game besides CoD and Battlefield. Heck, I'd rather play minesweeper than the new CoD games

I know nothing about the Witcher series, so I couldn't include it.

Just noticed this. You REALLY need to download this series. It's too awesome.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Sort've hanging around playing SMITE until i get my new parts so i can play games like ARMA and Planetside 2.

But passing time on FORZA 5 is also fun.

Oh, and Master Chief Collection Edition should keep me busy on the XB1 side of things.

Although i kinda agree with you that this year has been fairly disappointing so far (DayZ) even though most games come out around September/October.

The only game I play anymore is CSGO...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The only game I play anymore is CSGO...

Same thing here, CS go is nice but i always urge the need for an RPG to progress through.

You should try Divinity original sin. I have been spending TONS of hours in it. A really awesome game!

I plan to once it hits its first good sale! 40$ for me is too much as a student especially since i pre ordered withcer 3 already >.<

Get expensive gaming pc, play duke nukem 3d megaton edition. 

Its not just you OP.

IMO games have gone to sh*t in the past decade and a half. It started going down hill in 2001-2, and got really bad around 2006 and hasn't really recovered.

Only a few games each year are 'good', but of those they are all usually to short.

Of the few games that are actually long**, its rare that any of them are actually good.

If your lucky ull get 1 game a year that is both good and long.

The last good game iv got ahold of is Dark Souls 2, before that ..I cant even remember its been so long -.-

ATM im rotating playing SMITE, Dark Souls 2, 'Replaying' Alice madness Returns, and playing Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on my PSP & its HD counterpart using PPSSPP emulator.

I would like to play Diablo 3, simply because I played D1 and D2, but I straight up refuse to buy it till the always Online DRM is removed because im not going to deal with the lag when im only ever going to play Solo (which means im likely never going to play D3)

So atm im actively looking for a new game to play, but nothing that's out of is coming out seems any good atm.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

All new games were complete shit imo, im ALWAYS struggling to find something to play for longer then a week.. NO new releases until end of the year..

yeah im basically done and super bored when im at home

is gaming shit this year or am i just getting older?

i feel the same just because i feel like when i get to a new game its always solo. theres no friend aspect to games anymore. communitys are mostly trolls and theres no tie down to most games. i play mostly mmos and cant find a guild worth a shit so dont want to stay in the game

All new games were complete shit imo, im ALWAYS struggling to find something to play for longer then a week.. NO new releases until end of the year..

yeah im basically done and super bored when im at home

is gaming shit this year or am i just getting older?

seems like you don't play Dota 2

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

BEST GAMING YEAR EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

age of wonders 3

divinity original sin

wasteland 2

pillars of eternity

dragon age inquisition

ALL MADE for MY TASTES, and NOT you spazzy shooter bang bang types.  YAY for me.  

Hmm, I might be rubbing in my enjoyment a bit too much.  I would feel bad, but then I had 2013 where NOTHING was released for me.  I suffered unduly, and now the shooter spazzers must now do the same.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I find i go through patches aswell but it doesn't help when since 2013 this culture of release and patch later has come up so... although games never really live up to the hype and you expect it, it drags down your enjoyment when its waaaaaay worse, ROME II for a massive example :'( (still not playable). Honestly i think it also depends on what type of gamer you are. It isn't about whether your for example, RTS or FPS. Its whether you want to buy a game to play its story or camp compared to an interest in multiplayer. Youll find people who enjoy BF4 and COD at least find more replay-ability and more games to fall back on when bored compared to those who spend more time on games like the last of us and assassins creed 4, great for the single play through but very little/ not much replay factor. I for example play total wars, civ 5, wargame and i can happily bounce between these depending on what style i want to play. 

Despite the fact that this doesn't hold true in the wide spectrum of gaming and what people like if you find you fit into a certain category of gaming, then it will effect your desire to play alot more than people who play across a wider spectrum, or play games that are built around a more sandbox style of gaming.

I would say a good way to look at it is how AAA titles are loosing some of their flare when companies like Ubisoft and EA continue to dissapoint. Console gaming has seen this with games like RYS and watchdogs where the price makes choices limited.

Anyway thats how i see it because i never find myself without something to play. because of the replay-ability of my games.