Anyone using the NZXT Kraken G10?

AdmiralWen

I'm thinking of building a high-end PC soon, and I'm trying to decide whether to go for the Kraken G10 or wait a bit for the Corsair HG10. According to reports, Corsair's bracket allows for cooling of the VRM and VRam, while NZXT's doesn't really go that far. My question is, how much additional benefit will Corsair's HG10 bring? Is anyone using the NZXT bracket now? If so, do you think it does an adequate job at cooling the components on the card?

Same, wait for corsair. If you get the G10 you will need to buy separate tiny heatsinks and glue them on to the vrms to prevent damage to the card. A fan blowing on them is not enough.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I am using the Kraken G10, and for VRM cooling I use the stock front plate, which is slightly modified to allow the H75 block/pump to sit down on the GPU. I had to dremel about 3 mm off the inside of each of the 4 plate tabs for it to work; the block is 54 mm wide and the tabs were 52 mm across. I tested the stock plate vs heatsinks on the VRM, and the stock plate cools better by about 5 deg C. Because of that, I recommend the Corsair HG10 over the Kraken G10 w/ VRM heatsinks, as long as you have a reference style cooler that is, which I don't. 

Corsair C70 case - i7 4790k - Corsair H100i - Asus Maximus Hero VII - EVGA 780 Ti SC x2 SLI - Samsung 250GB SSD - 2TB Seagate HHD - Corsair Vengeance 32GB RAM - Corsair RM1000 PSU - Asus VG248QE - Logitech G700s Mouse<p>MSI GT60 0NE-403US Laptop - i7 3630QM - GTX 680M 4GB - Toshiba 128GB SSD - 750GB HHD - Corsair Vengeance 32GB RAM

I have a g10 and little heatsinks an a AIO liquid cooler but just not installed yet, waiting for the steam sale to be over.  :P

For gaming the cooling is adequate, for overclocking and stress testing or mining not really enough cooling with just the fan alone. 

Corsairs HG10, honestly though doesn't look like its really going to do too better, at the end of day its one big flat piece of metal that is attached with thermal pads to the vrm and vrams. Its still being cooled by a fan and doesn't have any fins on it to disperse the heat away. The G10 can be used on SOME non reference PCB graphic cards, AFAIK the HG10 will support reference pcbs only. The first editions of the HG10 will only support R9 290/x as well.  

The nice part about the HG10 is the easier looking mounting for the AIO block and the fact you can use any AIO liquid cooler with it.  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I have the G10. Its great but the downside is that you need RAM and vrm heatsinks which aren't provided. I'd definitely wait for Corsairs, I'm grabbing on for my 290X :P

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Same, wait for corsair. If you get the G10 you will need to buy separate tiny heatsinks and glue them on to the vrms to prevent damage to the card. A fan blowing on them is not enough.

corsairs has a metal plate that negates the need for vrm and ram heatsinks

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

corsairs has a metal plate that negates the need for vrm and ram heatsinks

The metal plate is a heatsink...

Do you know what a heatsink is?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The metal plate is a heatsink...

Do you know what a heatsink is?

Is that really even a question? Yeah,... Sorry I'm specifically saying what it came with...

And as much hate as I always get for it... I´ll say it anyways ;) .

AIO watercooling is a nice thing when it comes to quick watercooled solutions, when your space is limited and you want to go for a beginner watercooling for a fair budget... for the CPU.

Please all of you that roll their eyes now, I am an enthusiast that tries many things when it comes down to hardware and when I built up PC´s for people that want to have a bit more power via OCing and stuff I really like the solution that are offered for the CPUs by suppliers like Corsair, in fact I put the H100i or H110 many times on the CPUs because they are fairly quiet and well priced.

BUT for me personally an AIO water cooling for a GPU isn´t the best solution. I use a custom watercooling with an EK full cover. D5 pump and 360mm radiator and I don´t even have to think about glueing anything to my VRAM...

Now I know, I know the price argument... but please don´t forget not everybody is as handy or creative and is able to "dremel, bore or work around" some issues.

And it is tricky enough for many folks to remove the original cooler and get everything done the right way... but why would people want to go with watercooling if not looking for an OC (unless you´ve got a R9 290X in reference design ;) ).

Maybe that new Corsair changes my mind once I´ve tried it, but so far non of the available solutions could convince me of the opposite.

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

And as much hate as I always get for it... I´ll say it anyways ;) .

AIO watercooling is a nice thing when it comes to quick watercooled solutions, when your space is limited and you want to go for a beginner watercooling for a fair budget... for the CPU.

Please all of you that roll their eyes now, I am an enthusiast that tries many things when it comes down to hardware and when I built up PC´s for people that want to have a bit more power via OCing and stuff I really like the solution that are offered for the CPUs by suppliers like Corsair, in fact I put the H100i or H110 many times on the CPUs because they are fairly quiet and well priced.

BUT for me personally an AIO water cooling for a GPU isn´t the best solution. I use a custom watercooling with an EK full cover. D5 pump and 360mm radiator and I don´t even have to think about glueing anything to my VRAM...

Now I know, I know the price argument... but please don´t forget not everybody is as handy or creative and is able to "dremel, bore or work around" some issues.

And it is tricky enough for many folks to remove the original cooler and get everything done the right way... but why would people want to go with watercooling if not looking for an OC (unless you´ve got a R9 290X in reference design ;) ).

Maybe that new Corsair changes my mind once I´ve tried it, but so far non of the available solutions could convince me of the opposite.

GreetZ Naj

The main reason why I'm reluctant to go for a fully custom water cooling setup is the maintenance. I don't like the idea of having to pull the system apart, drain the loop, clean it, and put it back together again every half-year. I'm really hoping that the Corsair HG10 will provide adequate cooling for all the important parts of the card; it would be just the solution I need.

The main reason why I'm reluctant to go for a fully custom water cooling setup is the maintenance. I don't like the idea of having to pull the system apart, drain the loop, clean it, and put it back together again every half-year. I'm really hoping that the Corsair HG10 will provide adequate cooling for all the important parts of the card; it would be just the solution I need.

I have not taken apart a single piece of one of my 2 custom watercoolings in my gaming rig until this day. And my GPU loop runs since last November :) . That maintenance ghost is present in many peoples´ heads.

Just yesterday I cleaned out my rig off dust and inspected my coolers and the fluids, they are all perfectly fine :) .

Ok if you are going for the Corsair that sounds for you like a good solution, but be aware of one thing, and all the people that run AIO gotta deal with this: When the AIO has 1 part to fail, all you can do is RMA it and hope to get a better one, because you can´t exchange single parts of it (not regarding you fans). Many people struggled with bad pumps, no matter what brand. The custom water cooled loop will never struggle with that, since you can exchange what ever is necessary.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Well since my card already arrived with heatsinks for the vram's and vrm's(can see HERE), i decided to go for it with the H55,

with the stock fan running on 27% speed and in a super hot room(im sweating,its so freaking hot here) - i barely rich 50C.

once maxwell comes out i plan to re-use it on a GTX 880.

I'll try and buy a GTX 880 that already has heatsinks pre-installed...

I would go for the NZXT solution and here is why.

Just check the compatibility list for G10, the bracket is super simple it works with a lot of different AiO and graphics cards and probably will work with most of the upcoming ones. 
As far as i know Corsair will be very tied to videocard model, so when you change the videocard you will have to buy a new bracket...

So i think that getting some heatsinks for the vram is easier and cheaper then getting a new bracket, hell you will probably be able to use the old heatsinks and only needing to replace the thermal pads :)

And i think i heard in a interview that NZXT will be making cheap fittings for G10 if if will be needed for upcoming videocards.

But i could be totally wrong and maybe corsair is the real deal :)