First Build Fan/Radiator Questions

Hello All,

I am about to start building my first PC and had a few Fan/Radiator related questions.

Topic Related Parts:
CASE: NZXT H630

Corsair H100i Water Cooler

2x Corsair 120mm Static Pressure Fans

2x NZXT 200mm Fans

2x Corsair 140mm Air Flow Fans

1. Is it better to mount the radiator on the top of the case or on the bottom?

2. On which side of the radiator should the fans be located? If I mount the radiator on the top, should the fans be located on the bottom of the radiator or on top? If I mount the radiator on the bottom, should the fans be located on the bottom or top of the radiator?

My original plan was:

1. 2x NZXT 200mm Fans in front as Intake.

2. Top Mounted Radiator with 2x Corsair Static Pressure fans set up as exhaust.

3. 1 Corsair 140mm Air Flow fan set up as rear exhaust.

4. 1 Corsair 140mm Air Flow fan set up as bottom intake.

Is that a decent set up for the fans/radiator?

Thanks!!!!

Top rad is great use it indeed as a exhaust, but your rear use it as a intake fresh air to your rad. The rest is a great setup. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Top rad is great use it indeed as a exhaust, but your rear use it as a intake fresh air to your rad. The rest is a great setup.

This

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah... your setup seems decent, if not a little overkill.... One 200mm intake at the front is decent if you make the 140mm exhaust into an intake while removing the fan in the bottom.

But if you want a BUTT ton of airflow...well...your choices seem reasonable

Yeah

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

So use the Rear Fan as intake?

Thanks for responding!!