Looking for my first SmarPhone

For one thing you will need to sell me on the idea of actually buying a smartphone. I am a heavy PC user. When I say heavy I mean heavy as in I am on my PC most of the time and then I work. I am pretty much looking for a phone like the nexus 5 but with a micro SD slot. It cannot be locked and if possible a hardware keyboard.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Z2 or HTC M8. and what the hell does "cannot be locked" mean?

I think OP wants a phone without a contract.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I think OP wants a phone without a contract.

then that's not going to happen with any modern smartphone. Have fun with your cheap chinese phones. The only thing I can think of that costs a tad bit less than the Z2 or HTC One M8 off-contract is the Find 7a ($550 USD).

Z2 or HTC M8. and what the hell does "cannot be locked" mean?

Sim locked to a carrier. I want to be able to change whenever I like. I am pay as you go.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

then that's not going to happen with any modern smartphone. Have fun with your cheap chinese phones. The only thing I can think of that costs a tad bit less than the Z2 or HTC One M8 off-contract is the Find 7a ($550 USD).

Why do you think so? You can buy almost any phone without a contract, factory unlocked. Sure, it'll be more expensive, but still.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Why do you think so? You can buy almost any phone without a contract, factory unlocked. Sure, it'll be more expensive, but still.

it's obscenely expensive. More so to the point where you might as well get it on contract with that price if you actually use data.

it's obscenely expensive. More so to the point where you might as well get it on contract with that price if you actually use data.

I don't care if I pay more. Cost isn't particularly a factor but I refuse to go into a contract. It's a matter of principle rather than anything else. It's why I never borrow money. That Oppa 7a looks really nice. If only it had a keyboard.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I don't care if I pay more. Cost isn't particularly a factor but I refuse to go into a contract. It's a matter of principle rather than anything else. It's why I never borrow money. That Oppa 7a looks really nice. If only it had a keyboard.

why people still complain about having a physical keyboard in 2014 is beyond me.

why people still complain about having a physical keyboard in 2014 is beyond me.

I just want one. I have never owned a device with a touch screen but I have used them and I hate them. They get really dirty for one thing and they just don't have any feedback. I know they are really difficult to find today but why don't phone companies just make an accessory or something that attaches to phone.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I just want one. I have never owned a device with a touch screen but I have used them and I hate them. They get really dirty for one thing and they just don't have any feedback. I know they are really difficult to find today but why don't phone companies just make an accessory or something that attaches to phone.

they have haptic feedback in the form of vibration. The reason they are so difficult is because there is non-existant demand for them because of the fact that typing on a touch keyboard is extremely easy once you get used to it. Just like anyone has to get used to typing in the first place.

they have haptic feedback in the form of vibration. The reason they are so difficult is because there is non-existant demand for them because of the fact that typing on a touch keyboard is extremely easy once you get used to it. Just like anyone has to get used to typing in the first place.

Yea but do you look forward to typing on a touchscreen. When using a mechanical keyboard you start to try and find ways of typing more stuff because it's just really nice to do it. Is it a chore or is it a bore. But yea companies don't think there is a demand for it because there is no option and if there is no option then people can't buy a high end phone with a hardware keyboard. It's a vicious circle. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Yea but do you look forward to typing on a touchscreen. When using a mechanical keyboard you start to try and find ways of typing more stuff because it's just really nice to do it. Is it a chore or is it a bore. But yea companies don't think there is a demand for it because there is no option and if there is no option then people can't buy a high end phone with a hardware keyboard. It's a vicious circle. 

I don't need to type an essay out on my phone, so it's nothing horrible. Plus typing on a physical keyboard like a blackberry isn't any more satisfying or faster. I prefer the google keyboard mainly because their swipe function is really fluid and makes typing really easy.

I don't need to type an essay out on my phone, so it's nothing horrible. Plus typing on a physical keyboard like a blackberry isn't any more satisfying or faster. I prefer the google keyboard mainly because their swipe function is really fluid and makes typing really easy.

You are correct.

(\__/)

(='.'=)