Mouse DPI from 1080p to 1440p

Aligaterror

If someone was using a 24" 1080p monitor at 400 DPI and then switched to a 27" 1440p monitor, what DPI should the mouse be set to, to get a similar sensitivity?

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

400dpi sounds really low are u sure thats right?

why dont u just try and see what feels good?

Edit: thats what he said?

"why dont u just try and see what feels good?"

this is golden.

and you should try and see what feels good and natural for you. 

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Considering 2560x1440 is roughly 1.5 times the pixel count of 1920x1080 on each axis, I'd say an increase in sensitivity of 1.5x seems logical. Since you use 400DPI at 1080p, you should (theoretically) get similar results with 600DPI.

That sounds like he's okay with her trying out mens appendages. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Everyone has their own preference. personally i use 5600 DPI on my 1080 and it still doesn't feel like enough. Yes i know i am insane with my mouse, don't judge...

Everyone has their own preference. personally i use 5600 DPI on my 1080 and it still doesn't feel like enough. Yes i know i am insane with my mouse, don't judge...

That fits your entire screen into 1/5th of an inch of movement. You don't have windows pointer speed lowered or enhanced pointer precision enabled?

i have the best website for you my friend!

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'm not the only one who uses [well, used to use :(] 400 dpi?!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I'm not the only one who uses [well, used to use :(] 400 dpi?!

I'm guessing you play csgo or Fps games. 400 DPI is low. But I know many successful cs go/DayZ/Fps players *PsiSyndicate* who use 400 dpi.

I'm guessing you play csgo or Fps games. 400 DPI is low. But I know many successful cs go/DayZ/Fps players *PsiSyndicate* who use 400 dpi.

It's because the old dell mice that were practically and industry standard for decades were 400 dpi. I grew up on that thing

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Lol I use 8200 on my 1080p and it feels really slow 

That fits your entire screen into 1/5th of an inch of movement. You don't have windows pointer speed lowered or enhanced pointer precision enabled?

I have everything turned up to it's max and it still feels slow with productivity things. On games it feels fine but anything else feels pretty slow (programming, 3D modeling, etc.). most people HATE using my computer just because my mouse speed it too uncontrollable for them which i must say is kind of a bonus xD

I have everything turned up to it's max and it still feels slow with productivity things. On games it feels fine but anything else feels pretty slow (programming, 3D modeling, etc.). most people HATE using my computer just because my mouse speed it too uncontrollable for them which i must say is kind of a bonus xD

Enhanced pointer precision can't be maxed, it's on/off.

Yeah it's off

Enhanced pointer precision can't be maxed, it's on/off.

It's off

What I would do is open a FPS game on your 1080P, move your move from left to right over the complete width of your mousepad and see how big of a turn you make. then get your 1440p screen and keep changing the DPI until you're making the same turn.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

400dpi sounds really low are u sure thats right?

Why it wouldn't be right?

There are shitloads of competitive fps players that use that low sensitivity, you do not need higher for pretty much anything unless you are trying to do pixel perfect drawing and even then a drawing tablet is more useful.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Lol I use 8200 on my 1080p and it feels really slow

You move 1mm and you'll easily have covered your entire screen.

There are shitloads of competitive fps players that use that low sensitivity, you do not need higher for pretty much anything unless you are trying to do pixel perfect drawing and even then a drawing tablet is more useful.

A higher sens would be worse for drawing. I usually drop down to 400dpi for that sort of stuff.

Because 400dpi what i would use for drawing lol i sit at like 4000dpi thats not fast at all imo im terrible with high sensitivities.

I added a little bit to mine when going up to 1440p, at the same settings it just felt too slow

On my g500 i have my DPI going 300-600-900-1200-1500

I normally keep it on setting 2 so 600dpi, feels great in BF4, i can decrease or increase depending on what I am doing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A higher sens would be worse for drawing. I usually drop down to 400dpi for that sort of stuff.

Sensitivity != dpi, and I am not meaning like 250x250px pictures.

In really high resolutions the accuracy from dpi is usefull.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Sensitivity != dpi, and I am not meaning like 250x250px pictures.

In really high resolutions the accuracy from dpi is usefull.

Sensitivity IS DPI, though. The higher your DPI, the more sensitive the cursor is to movements your hand makes.

Sensitivity IS DPI, though. The higher your DPI, the more sensitive the cursor is to movements your hand makes.

meaning it moves more for the same amount of space on the mousepad.

It's off

Okay, so with windows pointer speed maxed and DPI at 5600, not only does your mouse skip pixels, but you have your entire monitor stuffed into an area of 2.5 x 1.25 millimeters (I think). Perception of pointer-speed aside, any semblence of accuracy has been objectively scattered to the wind and forcing your wrist to move in such small increments probably isn't doing it any favors in the long-run, either.