1 Gig GTX460's Still worth it??

HemiPhenom955

Not me. I'm just using MSI Afterburner. Well, I did mention the 560 Ti 1GB vs 2GB in Battlefield 3.

i prefer real world benchmarks like yours, i notice alot websites use fxaa which uses miles less vram. Id love to see a 1gb card max out tomb raider. I know for a fact i could run everything on highest settings no aa. But as soon as you turn up aa your hitting vram bound territory

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

i prefer real world benchmarks like yours, i notice alot websites use fxaa which uses miles less vram. Id love to see a 1gb card max out tomb raider. I know for a fact i could run everything on highest settings no aa. But as soon as you turn up aa your hitting vram bound territory

I actually use FXAA as much as possible. So if I was using something else, my VRAM would probably jump a bit.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I actually use FXAA as much as possible. So if I was using something else, my VRAM would probably jump a bit.

i use it when i have to but it does tend to blur texture sharpness so if i can get away with it i try and use msaa

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

well i have two gtx 465,s if you want i can run some benchmarks.

well i have two gtx 460,s if you want i can run some benchmarks.

What games do you play?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

i dont play much anymore do to my job but i have tomb raider ,simcity, battlefield 3 and crysis 3.

i dont play much anymore do to my job but i have tomb raider ,simcity, battlefield 3 and crysis 3.

Could you do a Tomb Raider benchmark? Assuming it's the newest one :P

well i have two gtx 465,s if you want i can run some benchmarks.

yeah go for it, would be good to see how different aa levels and orher settings use vram. And what happens when you go over the 1 gb : )

yeah give me a sec i need to install them again. i am only using my gtx 660 ti for gaming but give me a half hour or so. 

Cool man! I might be asleep when you post the benchmarks as im in the uk but will definately respond to them

yeah give me a sec i need to install them again. i am only using my gtx 660 ti for gaming but give me a half hour or so. 

It takes a second to install them again? Woah. What Internet connection do you have? :P

It takes a second to install them again? Woah. What Internet connection do you have? :P

dont bite the hand that feeds you lol

im not a pro at this so it wont look pretty but it will do haha

Tomb Raider the new one 

everything max 1080p   Avg: 29.317 - Min: 7 - Max: 40 not playable would drop to 10 fps when aiming or in a fight with people. vram was maxed at 1gb

same as before just tressfx turned off Avg: 52.257 - Min: 44 - Max: 60 much better vram still at 1gb

Tomb Raider the new one

everything max 1080p Avg: 29.317 - Min: 7 - Max: 40 not playable would drop to 10 fps when aiming or in a fight with people. vram was maxed at 1gb

same as before just tressfx turned off Avg: 52.257 - Min: 44 - Max: 60 much better vram still at 1gb

thats pretty interesting, seems like its using as much vram as the gpu is allowing but is actually producing some decent frame rates

Tomb Raider the new one

everything max 1080p Avg: 29.317 - Min: 7 - Max: 40 not playable would drop to 10 fps when aiming or in a fight with people. vram was maxed at 1gb

same as before just tressfx turned off Avg: 52.257 - Min: 44 - Max: 60 much better vram still at 1gb

thats pretty interesting, seems like its using as much vram as the gpu is allowing but is actually producing some decent frame rates

I know this might be a stupid question but is the MSI 680 i have a" Reference" board?

This post is NOT about the PS4.

Its a good thing you noticed that, because I noticed that a long time ago, and if you hadn't noticed, normal conversations deviate from the topic all the time.

With this post, you once again derailed it.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Its a good thing you noticed that, because I noticed that a long time ago, and if you hadn't noticed, normal conversations deviate from the topic all the time.

With this post, you once again derailed it.

Ok,, so You and G Freeman taking the subject of this post,, the relivance of the SLI"D 460's and turning it into the Potential power and Frame buffer on the PS4,,Thats My Fault?

Yea thanks for playing the Blame game.

Ok,, so You and G Freeman taking the subject of this post,, the relivance of the SLI"D 460's and turning it into the Potential power and Frame buffer on the PS4,,Thats My Fault?

Yea thanks for playing the Blame game.

No, what I'm saying is that yes, we went off subject, but then I turned it back around like 4 days ago. You didn't need to point that out.

Old shit no one cares about but me.