Are Steam teams scripted for suspense?

Mooshi

I've been noticing a trend, actually. Just yesterday I was telling my gf that if team blue is suddenly surging ahead in numbers the following day, it's obviously rigged for the sake of suspense. What happened?

a2ee1984925bb8fa9143197ac2d3e800.png

As predicted, blue is suddenly destroying everyone. Purple destroys on day 1, red destroys on day 2, green on day 3 and then pink for day 4. 

This looks as obviously staged to my eyes like a storyline out of pro wrestling. This feels like obvious build up, my prediction is that on the final day, that is when we'll see actual competition. As of now, the obvious gap between teams on separate days just feel staged. I mean, it's one thing to win because you're doing well, but to surge so far ahead from the other teams and then being average the next day just like that..something seems off.

Your thoughts? 

Yeah, obviously rigged considering everyone is getting a turn winning.

Diamond 5 in League :)

No... Not at all...

9H3rW.png

/s

Just checked it and it's

efe7809b4f780adbd73485e18b2f1fde.png

for me.

some one explain this to me

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Just checked it and it's

for me.

That's what happened with pink.

They had been the last ones for 3 days and suddenly they were 3 TIMES AHEAD of everyone else...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Monitoring these in "real team" feels less honest now.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summer2014faq/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/28si6r/steam_operation_everyone_work_as_a_team_each_team/

Massive amounts of people cooperating together, not necessarily a steam rig job.

Interesting. So it's the result of reddit screwing things up. How boring to mess with competition like this. It's just as bad as those schools that say "everyone is a winner" instead of letting you compete for real.

Let's face it, Reddit's only doing it so that the Red team doesn't mercilessly pummel all of you every day of the sale. >:0

Would anyone care to explain what are these teams? The whole forum is obsessing over this and I have no idea what are you talking about....

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Would anyone care to explain what are these teams? The whole forum is obsessing over this and I have no idea what are you talking about....

Steam with their sales has started a competition by randomly dividing users into teams. As you buy items on steam sales and craft badges for summer sale or games your team is awarded points. At the end of the day the team with the highest point wins and each player to contributed to the winning team gets 3 trading card and 30 members of that team (randomly chosen) get three games from their wishlist. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

"Craft"? " Items "?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

So, you need to spend like $100 on games to get 10 cards (and even then, it's not certain you will get unique, you can get doubles), you can also buy them in the market for about 30¢ each, use those 10 cards to "craft" a badge and then when you "use" that badge, it gives you and your team points/something... is that it? (can also get 1 card for every 3 votes)

If that's it, then there sure are a lot of people who enjoy wasting their money on a pointless competition... Unless they were planning on actually buying those games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

So, you need to spend like $100 on games to get 10 cards (and even then, it's not certain you will get unique, you can get doubles), you can also buy them in the market for about 30¢ each, use those 10 cards to "craft" a badge and then when you "use" that badge, it gives you and your team points/something... is that it? (can also get 1 card for every 3 votes)

If that's it, then there sure are a lot of people who enjoy wasting their money on a pointless competition... Unless they were planning on actually buying those games.

it tells you how to get points. alot of people arnt just paying their way to points but do buy things and as a result get cards and will buy a few to get the badge. The badges do things other then just get points for this game they are playing. 

"Earn rewards and points

Summer Adventure Badge - 10 points

Summer Adventure Foil Badge - 100 points

any other game badge - 1 point

any foil game badge - 10 points"

I don't think its rigged. If you go to the steam forum you will see the different teams coming with a strategy.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue