Hello Games: "Not talking about an Xbox One version of No Man's Sky"

BallGum

One of the more well received titles of E3 2014, No Man's Sky, is now confirmed to only be focusing on PS4 and PC versions of the game.

In a discussion with OXM, a developer stated "We are currently not talking about an Xbox One version of No Man's Sky, only that No Man's Sky will make its console debut on the PS4."

The keyword here is "currently". While No Man's Sky may not initially come over to the Xbox One, it could very well happen later down the line. It is not uncommon, especially for a smaller indie studio, to plan their games for one or two platforms before expanding.

AlpineFly.png

Furthermore, Chris Charla, Director of ID @ Xbox, a self-publishing program for independent developers, has shown interest in the title, stating that he is "super psyched" for the game.

No Man's Sky was shown off at E3 2014, and was one of the more notable showcases. Presenting huge, procedurally generated worlds, the player could explore the galaxy in his ship, and visit various diverse planets and ecosystems.

Two of the key elements that made it appealing are that, firstly, it had a very old school, vibrant sci fi vibe. Secondly, the seamlessness between being on the ground and exploring a planet, then suddenly engaging in a huge dog fight in space was extremely slick.

** This was taken from my blog, which can be found in my profile. **

Alt. Source: http://www.totalxbox.com/78507/hello-games-isnt-currently-talking-about-no-mans-sky-on-xbox-one/

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Aside from your blog, is there a source for that?

Adding one right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Let's just hope it doesn't end up like Spore.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Let's just hope it doesn't end up like Spore.

Same boat as you. I love how it looks, but if it ends up with me exploring boring planets after planets with little diversity and not much else to do... eh.

However, if they introduce a real sense of risk and difficulty, forcing the player to play, then it is a lot more interesting for me.

It's a problem that this game has a traditional development model. This is the type of game that needs a steady stream of updates past launch, you can't just put it all on procedural generation - some things have to feel handcrafted in any game to keep interest.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, if a bit tentatively. If it lives up to half of the hype I'll reward them with a full-price buy (something I almost never do except with games that are innovative or otherwise refreshing) after reviews and word of mouth are up.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.