The galaxy note 4 could be the first 64bit Android smartphone.

geforceftw

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/06/21/the-samsung-galaxy-note-4-could-be-the-first-64-bi.aspx

The note 4 may ship with the snapdragon 805 but this is still all rumors and speculation. Other than that it's similar to the s5 spec wise.

Are 64 bit phones necessary right now?

Here's the leaked specs from antutu

http://www.antutu.com/static/attachment/articles/201406/20054639-content.jpg

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

is_such_a_thing_even_possible-9397.gif

I don't really think anyone needs this though.

Iphone 5s A7, tell all the hipsters, and fanboys dat.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Iphone 5s A7, tell all the hipsters, and fanboys dat.

iPhone doesn't run Android mate.

Didn't Samsung already released a low end Android phone with a 64-bit processor?

Goddamn bit wars... It's like it's the 90s all over again. I half expect someone to announce Blast Processing™ next.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Apparently running 64bit will speed up the OS and improve various other things including I believe battery life.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

iPhone doesn't run Android mate.

Yes I am aware of that, but the A7 that is within the 5s is 64 bit.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Yes I am aware of that, but the A7 that is within the 5s is 64 bit.

Which funnily enough is made by samsung lol

Great! There's just so many mobile applications that were limited by the 4gb ram limitation of 32 bit along with slower overall performance like -blank-*

*citation needed

-------

Current Rig

-------

Apparently running 64bit will speed up the OS and improve various other things including I believe battery life.

no just no. . . 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

no just no. . . 

Actually, yes.

"Even existing 32-bit code will run more efficiently on [ARM's 64-bit] v8-A architecture than on native 32-bit ARM architecture" he said, referring to the company's newest processors like the Cortex-A53 chip.

"The architecture itself allows for more efficiency in the code. So, that means better battery life, quicker responsiveness, better features," he added.

http://www.cnet.com/news/move-to-64-bit-android-phones-accelerating-says-arm/

Maybe not the OS, but in combination with the chipset.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Rocking the note 3 now, preparing my pockets for that 1440p snapdragon 805 beast :D

me too. I'm waiting for the note 5 though. Locked in a 2 year contract till about the time the note 5 comes out.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Actually, yes.

http://www.cnet.com/news/move-to-64-bit-android-phones-accelerating-says-arm/

Maybe not the OS, but in combination with the chipset.

Thats not because its 64 bit. That's just because the 64 bit chip will be more powerful than the 32 bit. It doesn't magically just give it better performance. You do know what 64 bit is, right? Its not just a magical word that makes everything faster. Its just a bigger bus that allows for more ram to be used.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Well something had to make the jump first and I think. It's better that hardware does it than. Software

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Didn't Samsung already released a low end Android phone with a 64-bit processor?

Goddamn bit wars... It's like it's the 90s all over again. I half expect someone to announce Blast Processing™ next.

No.They are releasing one.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Thats not because its 64 bit. That's just because the 64 bit chip will be more powerful than the 32 bit. It doesn't magically just give it better performance. You do know what 64 bit is, right? Its not just a magical word that makes everything faster. Its just a bigger bus that allows for more ram to be used.

I think as well a 64 bit architecture allows for longer instruction codes, but still, I'm so sick of people swooning over the 64b processors like they're these amazing things that double performance. 

That's just not the way it works. Samsung wants you to buy that but it's bs. The instruction set just makes the cpu more efficient in tasks that support 64-bit, it doesn't improve power consumption. It will speed up the os (slightly) provided that they rewrite android to support 64-bit fully, and anyway it's not like it's èarticularly slow right now...

Sticking with my nokia 5800.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks haha. 

Too many people find a correlation and then think there is a causal link to be found. Yes, battery life increased, but that wasn't because of the transition to 64 bit.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

me too. I'm waiting for the note 5 though. Locked in a 2 year contract till about the time the note 5 comes out.

I buy a phone on a 2 year contract and pass it down my family a year later, have to pay for the new one full price though, so it ends up being around $900 every two years.

Rocking the note 3 now, preparing my pockets for that 1440p snapdragon 805 beast :D

Me too! Love my Note 3, bought a 128GB microSD card and love watching 720P movies with it. It is a certainty that the Note 4 is in my crosshair...

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Yawn. We're fine with 3GB of RAM for now. Nobody needs to have a 64bit phone. It's too soon. Like consumer-level 64bit Windows XP back in the day.

"Rawr XD"