Capcom Transparent about DR3 being at 30FPS

BallGum

I first heard about Dead Rising coming to PC on the WAN show, but I was kinda shocked that in-game time was based on framerate (thus a higher framerate would make everything in game move much faster).

However, this does not seem to be the case, as Capcom outlines on Steam. While the framerate is still locked (Boo), unlocking it isn't as bad as we thought, as the framerate is independent of in game physics. It seemed it was locked to avoid framerate fluctuations. To be honest, personally, I don't care too much about a fluctuating framerate, as long as it doesn't stutter.

Allow me to set the record straight -- while Dead Rising 3 is optimized to run at 30 frames per second for gameplay reasons, you can expect it to still run fine uncapped under most conditions provided you have a capable enough hardware. We can’t guarantee that there won’t be issues, and obviously depending on your rig you may see different results. Rest assured the beefier your gaming machine, the smoother your zombie killing experience will be. :)

Bear in mind the frame rate will fluctuate in uncapped mode in certain areas, particularly later in the game, where streets are literally filled with zombies and other complex objects. Couple that with an open world sandbox game engine, big explosions, complex physics interaction, and huge draw distance and you’re bound to experience dips here and there. Speaking from personal experience, here’s one example[mega.co.nz], a 4-minute gameplay footage, where I play-tested one of the builds in uncapped mode on an i7-4770K & GTX 780 Ti setup. 

Basically: good news for PC gamers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/522730535829776687/

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I've read the steamcommunity post before, basically the game is capped and you can uncapp it, but the game will react similarly when you run Skyrim without v-sync. They do provide 1080p60fps gameplay video, so go and download it and see for yourself, it looks good, but I personally will be waiting until after TB does his "WTF is" on it, then make my decision.

At this point I wonder why they even had to bring this up. Seriously, couldn't they just say it was uncapped to begin with? What issues are they afraid of? it's not like everyone else isn't having optimization issues with their games (looking at you, ubisoft and ea), so even if there had been real issues with some systems they wouldn't have been run over that hard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well at least they're being transparent and the fps drops are than apparent tbh. Looks playable without the caps.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I've read the steamcommunity post before, basically the game is capped and you can uncapp it, but the game will react similarly when you run Skyrim without v-sync. They do provide 1080p60fps gameplay video, so go and download it and see for yourself, it looks good, but I personally will be waiting until after TB does his "WTF is" on it, then make my decision.

I agree. But at least it wasn't as bad as we thought before I guess. We assumed that it would be like that Need For Speed game Totalbiscuit did a video on, where the in game physics were framerate dependent.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Great news, I may buy the game after all. I played it a decent amount at a friend's house on an Xbox one, and the game is very fun.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I was really tempted to preorder it on the Summer Sale, but I decided to wait. Fuck preorders.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

The video showing the game running at 60fps looked pretty good. Nothing looked like it was acting all crazy or anything. I'd be tempted to pre-order it if the Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 EX Plus Alpha DLC was coming out as well but it's labeled as a XB1 exclusive for the moment.

Nice. I think I won't notice fps drops as much with my new G-Sync monitor. Thanks capcom!

I have this game on Xbone and it's so terrible the map is tiny and it's so repetitive if I could go back in time and not buy it I would don't know why anyone cares to buy this on pc the second one is so much better