45 Seconds windows 8 boot up, Maximus VI Extreme

Probably your harddrive has an issue (might be on the verge) since horse power isn't an issue , try reinstalling the OS again

Details separate people.

Probably your harddrive has an issue (might be on the verge) since horse power isn't an issue , try reinstalling the OS again

I have tried....

in windows 8.1 and windows 8.

All my hardware are new. Except the HDD [but it should not be slowing down the boot] It is WD Black 2.5" disk. Used about a year.

It actually sucks, having spend 2k usd on a PC that works bad than a 300$ samsung laptop [1.4ghz Amd e1 cpu, 8gb ddr3] and a old PC which is soo cheap 

Ignore this post xD

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

?

I had written something without reading the op.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Thanks, I did buy a 120 gb samsung evo ssd, but I ran out of space in a day of using it. I have alot of apps to install and some will only install on Drive C:. I am planning to buy 2 500Gb ssd and set it up on Raid 0. But I will need to wait to get some cash.

I did use the ssd at first. But i ran out of space so had to go back to old hdd.

dude .-. never fill an SSD  might I reccomend since you apperently use storage like a madman like a http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd1000dhtz cause it sounds like you hate to use your hard drive maybe a faster one will get you to use it more... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

All my hardware are new. Except the HDD [but it should not be slowing down the boot] It is WD Black 2.5" disk. Used about a year.

Yup , that's it then , probably had it's run with write/read cycles especially 2.5" one , mechanical hard discs are unreliable especially when it's consumer grade ,you gonna need a need hdd or an ssd if  possible , on the side line try defragmenting the boot drive more than three times or even more , that should significantly lower the boot time , plus getrid of some starup apps if possible , maybe there's a trojan malware hiding on other drives that is causing the issue , run malwarebytes or other AV soft you have ,

Good luck mate.

Details separate people.

dude .-. never fill an SSD  might I reccomend since you apperently use storage like a madman like a http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd1000dhtz cause it sounds like you hate to use your hard drive maybe a faster one will get you to use it more... 

What can I do, a single game project takes up most of my disk. I normally partition my 500 gb disk to 300 gb for windows local disk. And I will use it for all installations and have my current project files on it. others on the remaining partition and external hdd.

I think a 500GB ssd should be enough for me. But right now on this pc I am not sure the the ssd is a problem.

Yup , that's it then , probably had it's run with write/read cycles especially 2.5" one , mechanical hard discs are unreliable especially when it's consumer grade ,you gonna need a need hdd or an ssd if  possible , on the side line try defragmenting the boot drive more than three times or even more , that should significantly lower the boot time , plus getrid of some starup apps if possible , maybe there's a trojan malware hiding on other drives that is causing the issue , run malwarebytes or other AV soft you have ,

Good luck mate.

I am installing UEFI windows on this pc and let me check it. Before that I will defragment the hdd as you said. Clearing out all partitions and everything.

1697e4ad7736f7f57c4463d9f2728a1d.png

is this good ?

What can I do, a single game project takes up most of my disk. I normally partition my 500 gb disk to 300 gb for windows local disk. And I will use it for all installations and have my current project files on it. others on the remaining partition and external hdd.

I think a 500GB ssd should be enough for me. But right now on this pc I am not sure the the ssd is a problem.

yeah xD just remember SSDs slow down after being filled halfway...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

yeah xD just remember SSDs slow down after being filled halfway...

... They do? Even with ~400GB free on a 1TB?

Time to move some files to the NAS!

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

... They do? Even with ~400GB free on a 1TB?

Time to move some files to the NAS!

Yes some do(not all) as some ssds use blank space as an extra cache...

EDIT: but 400GB is probably plenty of cache I don't know why I didn't think I guess my brain was like 400GBs is not enough...

Upddated biso to 1505 using BIOS_updater_for_New_4th_Gen_Intel_Core_Processors1.5M and now boot time is just taking 20 seconds.

I guess it is reasonable for a old HDD. And less than 2 seconds in bios.

Upddated biso to 1505 using BIOS_updater_for_New_4th_Gen_Intel_Core_Processors1.5M and now boot time is just taking 20 seconds.

I guess it is reasonable for a old HDD. And less than 2 seconds in bios.

Once you get your OS on your SSD, it will cut that boot time in half.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

15sec on bios? weird

k so, u have recent stuff. That gpu robably has a button, to change bios. It should have uefi and legacy bios.

so there should be some option on bios (boot section) that gives you the option to do fast/ultra fast boots. For those modes (specially ultra) it is required for the gpu to have the uefi bios chosen.

After that, you should do windows install as uefi. You can google it easy, you just need to make a uefi enabled usb pen with windows, there are over 9k guides on web.

this, in my experience, gives you the fastest boot time, 5secs on my pc from power button to windows.

I'm sry if i didn't make sense, im on some meds that put me confused, i don't know if i'm even saying this right (im not joking, im stoned by meds)

1-make a usb for a windows uefi installation

2-put gpu with uefi bios enabled

3-put the motherboard bios on ultra fast boot (or equivalent option)

4- install windows on ssd

5- have fun

edit (links):

uefi stick   http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

Cant find a decent bios image to show fast boots modes on asus. I'm not experienced on asus bios, so look for it yourself.

Your gpu says it's UEFI compatible (checked it on website)

Just a question. If windows worked fine and I could install my gpu driver, does it means that the uefi on gpu is already enabled.