What Software Do You Use For Programming Python?

piggykid1

Tonight and tomorrow I am going to be programming a simple guessing game using Python.

I've tried using IDLE and only the shell keeps popping up I want the IDLE where where I can edit my code and go back to revise other lines.

The IDLE situation set aside what do you guys like to use for programming Python and why?

Thanks!

gedit is my favourite, because it looks nice

editra and geany are also good

Not sure if they are available on windows though, I program on linux.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I use Notepad++ for pretty much any coding work. I don't really do much in Python, but when I do, that's what I use.

gedit is my favourite, because it looks nice

editra and geany are also good

Not sure if they are available on windows though, I program on linux.

Thank you haven't ever heard of those three I will give them a try :)

I use Notepad++ for pretty much any coding work. I don't really do much in Python, but when I do, that's what I use.

Thank you I do have Notepad++ and as you I was posting this I was thinking to try it :)

I've tried using IDLE and only the shell keeps popping up I want the IDLE where where I can edit my code and go back to revise other lines.

Go to file > open or file > new file and it will be a normal editor.

I've used Eclipse with the Aptana plug-in in the past. It was great for large web development projects. You can also just use Eclipse with the PyDev view.

For small scripts, I'd just use gedit/Notepad++.

Want to solve problems? Check this out.

I tend to use IDLE for python, just because it is simple an easy. If I am doing a project with multiple files (3+, I don't mind having two or so idle windows open) then I will use eclipse so that I have a file manager/multiple tabs

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop