NZXT bringing "all centralized" mindset to custom pc building

ampifed1

Back when steve jobs promised a system that connected the life through an iMac, many thought it to be a bold claim. Now, with easy cloud storage and syncing between devices, it is commonplace. If you

Have looked at nzxt lately, they have released a couple products that make me wonder. Currently, there are different apps and utilities that monitor and let you change system settings and configure hardware. However, with nzxt's release of their CAM monitoring system, not exactly a new idea, but now with much more customizability, that might change. They also released the grid+, the successor to the grid, a cheap fan hub that was popular simply because you could hook up many fans. Now, however, through cam you can monitor and change rpm as well as set up profiles for all fans, through cam. The Same goes for the new kraken x41 and x61 coolers, which are now controlled through cam and are much more configurable. The software can also be controlled from the phone too. I think that there is a possibility that this could catch on, a way for DIY pc builders to have the ease of use that a regular consumer gets through the synchronization of devices. Maybe all hardware could be linked through one piece of software, making it much easier for us and making the sometimes unmanageable customization in a custom pc, while keeping the things that make a custom pc great. Is it a good idea?

Corsair and ASUS have been doing this for ages. Their software is much more polished than the stuff NZXT is bringing out. Also a lot more optimised, and doesnt suck up CPU like CAM does.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I do not understand what the iMac has to do with the NZXT hub, I really doubt that NZXT would make anything outside of the DIY community.

I think every part in my PC is from a different manufacturer apart from my hard drives.

Frankenstein! 

More of the idea I was going after. Going in to 5 different apps to manage my CPU cooler, fans, temperatures, and other is not so convenient. I was just suggesting the usefulness that a centralized center that has become commonplace in the PC world could really benefit us in a hardware-software communication perspective. :)

Frankenstein! 

The only brands I'm semi loyal to are ASUS for motherboards and EVGA for gpus, I will admit that I will look at ASUS motherboards before I look at others, but if Gigabyte or MSI have a better board available for the price I'll take that.

My current GPU is from MSI. :)

Can you guys imagine if I typed in columns? 

L

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

?

That'd sure suck for both me and readers. But someone has to make up all the line breaks other people don't use. *glares*

I like the idea OP, but please please please use formatting. It hurts the eyes to see a wall of text, and the interest.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

L

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

?

That'd sure suck for both me and readers. But someone has to make up all the line breaks other people don't use. *glares*

I like the idea OP, but please please please use formatting. It hurts the eyes to see a wall of text, and the interest.

Oh man don't get me started, I consider myself to be a line break fiend and sometimes I know I overdo it, but by golly I'd rather have too many than not enough.

L

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

?

O

K

Haha will remember next time

More of the idea I was going after. Going in to 5 different apps to manage my CPU cooler, fans, temperatures, and other is not so convenient. I was just suggesting the usefulness that a centralized center that has become commonplace in the PC world could really benefit us in a hardware-software communication perspective. :)

Corsair link can manage everything too...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Corsair and ASUS have been doing this for ages. Their software is much more polished than the stuff NZXT is bringing out. Also a lot more optimised, and doesnt suck up CPU like CAM does.

Can't speak for the optimized part, as I've never noticed, but Asus and Corsair's software is so freaking far from polished. CAM is 10 times cleaner and easier to use and was JUST released... It may not have much for features, but I'd assume they will be adding to that soon.

Can't speak for the optimized part, as I've never noticed, but Asus and Corsair's software is so freaking far from polished. CAM is 10 times cleaner and easier to use and was JUST released... It may not have much for features, but I'd assume they will be adding to that soon.

Have you actually used asus or corsair software? I have yet to see something 'unpolished' from them.

post-4438-0-04236300-1403219186_thumb.jp

post-4438-0-36027300-1403219188_thumb.jp

Spoiler