Why did you get into pc gaming?

Snickerzz

For me, it wasn't for the better quality like most people would say, it was mods :D i remember a long time ago 07-08 (thats a long time!! XD) i was looking for cheats for gta sa and on the website i was looking at it had a ad for a superman mod to gta sa and i was like shatting bricks xD i wanted it and i was searching forever how to get it for ps2 and all i could find was pc and thats when i realized it was only for pc, like most other mods and i started looking into pcs and pc gaming :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

My dad had a pc, so i played games on it :D Good old MS-DOS times....i bought a PS2 only to play GT3, MGS and FFX, but other than that i  only play with my pc..

My dad had a pc, so i played games on it :D Good old MS-DOS times....i bought a PS2 only to play GT3, MGSand FFX, but other than that i  only play with my pc..

i love how ms-dos came with doom 2, now we get internet checkers ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I started because my parents never let us have a console so I was just an alternative and I always longed for a console but as I got older i saw the truth pc gaming rules!

I grew up playing Age of Empires 2, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, Empire Earth, Age of Mythology, I was really into historic strategy games, I did own A PS2 and Gamecube and Gameboy too though, what would I have done, without my Pokemon Gold, LoZ Wind Waker and Shadow of the Colossus

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Just bought my first laptop at the age of 15 and I had broken a bone in my knee, so I started playing GTA San Andreas, later Cod2 and then I was addicted.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Just bought my first laptop at the age of 15 and I had broken a bone in my knee, so I started playing GTA San Andreas, later Cod2 and then I was addicted.

heck yea :DD My 05 dell laptop could run gta sa, considering sa came out that same year and it was a laptop, thats peetty good i'de say

I liked using my mouse and keyboard a bit more. I felt for shooters I was being hindered greatly with the use of the controller. Plus if I wanted the controller experience I can always purchase one. I currently have a n64 controller for the pc, PS2 controller for the PC, as well as a xbox wireless controller for the PC.

I grew up playing games on pc and console. When I was a teenager I pretty much stopped playing consoles and only played pc. Haven't really gone back except for some exclusives on consoles. 

I grew up playing Age of Empires 2, Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, Empire Earth, Age of Mythology, I was really into historic strategy games, I did own A PS2 and Gamecube and Gameboy too though, what would I have done, without my Pokemon Gold, LoZ Wind Waker and Shadow of the Colossus

Man these games were so good plus i would add rise of nations but the biggest thing that got me into playing games was World of Warcraft and Dota/Warcraft III

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

My dad and my uncles owned gaming PC's, so I grew up with them and have always gamed on a PC. Really, the thing that got me playing any sort of video games in general was Starcraft. I played through the campaign when I was three or four years old (okay so maybe I was a little young) and I loved it SO MUCH.

World of Warcraft when I was like 11 haha

Same here. I was a console kid until I got a free copy WoW and 60 day time card about 6 months after it released from a game party give away. At the time I was 16 and had no computer so I installed it on my parents computer which was a crappy dell with a Pentium 4 and integrated graphics. I knew nothing about computers at the time and played at about 5-10 fps with everything on minimum for a couple months. That got me started on researching how to build a better a computer for WoW and I have been building computers ever since. Dropped the WoW a long time ago (before Lich King came out) but kept all the skills I learned from reading forums and watching youtube videos on computers and tech.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

Same here. I was a console kid until I got a free copy WoW and 60 day time card about 6 months after it released from a game party give away. At the time I was 16 and had no computer so I installed it on my parents computer which was a crappy dell with a Pentium 4 and integrated graphics. I knew nothing about computers at the time and played at about 5-10 fps with everything on minimum for a couple months. That got me started on researching how to build a better a computer for WoW and I have been building computers ever since. Dropped the WoW a long time ago (before Lich King came out) but kept all the skills I learned from reading forums and watching youtube videos on computers and tech.

Just a coincidence that we are both from south east michigan lol

I played CS 1.6 on PC when i was 10 and never looked back.

ALSO STARCRAFT

Games in general. Got NES Famicom and older PC with lots of sharewares recommended by family friend and cousins. Had fun with those and 3 years younger brother to play with. Also found RuneScape around 2001 that way. That was first community game for me and pretty much reason to move esports later.

To FPS and esports. Tested CS and BF42 demo. Had fun and got friends over net. BF2 was hit for me and I wanted to get on real clan. Then it was just rolling.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i got in to the pc thanks to the star wars franchise, mainly because of star wars battlefront, it was either on ps2 or pc, and i did not have a ps2, so i played on an older dell E4800 laptop.

now I have a fully fledged pc, running a phenom II x4 and a radeon HD 6770 (saving up for a 7870).

My dad got me into it. He gave me his first build when i was 13 and at the time i was on a xbox360 (this was like 2006), i got tired of paying for live so I started playing on the computer and I have been stuck ever since. lol I still have the computer to lol. Amd Athlon 4200+, 2gb Corsair ddr (has some sick lighting affects), a8n-sli deluxe, and 2x 7950 gx2.

System: AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 8GB Mushkin Sliverline, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, Fractal Designs Core 1000, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair TX750W, Zalman CNPS5X (awful cooler), and a GTx 560 1GB.

I did play cs 1.6 and Warcraft 3. I also played Roller Coaster Tycoon. My entire school life except college(where I am right now) has been xbox,xbox 360, pretty much a lot of consoles. But then I realized college, and I did not bring those consoles with me. I converted to PC gaming thanks to my cheap build I made in Jan. Steam sales are a blessing for gaming. Filled up a entire library under the cost of 2 full priced xbox 360 games. Then I went to AMD Fan Day this year in April and upgraded my custom pc again. I may only play my console for exclusives.

Diamond Cube https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wvPscf 

Diamond 2.0 The FX Rev 2.0 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z6sMLk

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

For me it was all about the keyboard and mouse setup while playing FPS games. so much more accurate than a controller especially if u use very low sens like me with the kb/m. but what i dont like about PC FPS gaming and perhaps overall PC gaming is that at least to me it seems to competitive. when u do too good people may call you a hacker. badmins that rage will kick or even ban you even if u dont hack. in console it kind of is a good thing that games dont have in game chat channels(fps games) because u can control your anger(if u rage like me lol) and u wont write stupid stuff haha. but anyway i think i might reduce pc gaming a bit and get back to "sit and relax comfy and not competitive ps3 gaming".

BLAOW!!!!

It's funny because that's how some CS pros became...well pros. for example Spawn and HeatoN both suffered an injury in sports(spawn in soccer,heaton in hockey) and while they were recovering they didnt play any sports and just kept playing cs. and then they got addicted and then with practice they became pr0s. heheh

BLAOW!!!!

I saw the steam summer sale, I bought around 20 games and I couldn't play for around a year lol (because i didnt have a pc)