Why did you get into pc gaming?

Snickerzz

My reasons:

1. Was sick of paying for Xbox live

2. Sick of all the kiddies on consoles (got some heads peace)

3. Steam is brilliant for deals

4. Love to play games with great visual quality, the way they were intended to be seen

5. Freedom to download some cool mods for the games I like (particularly when fallout 3 was relatively new)

I've always been a PC gamer? I feel like everyone is to some extent a PC gamer,

As far as I remember, I was always a console gamer but also gamed on an ancient win98 PC every now and then.

I believe it was around the time my parents bought a low end Dell where I began to start ditching console gaming. I began to play less and less of my Gamecube and moved onto MMO's like MS. 

Then 2 years into the next-gen race I ended up ditching my Gamecube entirely and went ahead and built a new PC for COD4. Holy crap, the graphics just got me hooked instantly. Although I do still play console games for fighters/indies. Nothing beats the fun of building my own system and not experiencing sub30fps games on the console. :lol:

La`~

My dad. He played a lot of UT99 and AoE II, and I remember playing Colin McRae Rally 2.0 with him. Those games got me hooked.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

For me. Computer's have in general better graphics than consoles. I have played on a PS, Gamecube, and Xbox, it was, ok, I then played my first game on a PC. Hooked. I feel like I am more into the game. Monitors are nicer than T.V.s (my opinion; based on my readings, statistics, etc.) so the quality on that is better as well (again my opinion). I got into PC gaming, because I was bored of life and it's routine. At that point in life when I first started gaming, I felt like my life was dull and fell into the great story lines of the gaming worlds. I got to experience different realms, cultures, cities, beliefs etc. All with a touch of a button and in my own home. I could travel without really traveling, and my adventure began. :)

I was comfortable in my console bubble when my brother pestered me into downloading steam. Then I found a bunch of games I liked and I found that I like keyboard and mouse input immensely. Then I found the modding scene and that was another big step and when I downloaded Skyrim to play it it was shite on my old computer and so I decided to get a dedicaded rig and I've never looked back. I still play console, But not nearly as much as PC these days.

I got into pc a few years ago.

I played RuneScape on a "Geforce 6200," and decided to upgrade later to a "Geforce 6800." I was dissapointed with the results (with those cards, no kidding :lol: ) so i stuck to my PS2.

I later got into it after watching a friend play Crysis 2 on a GTX 480, and saw just how good it could be if i invested in it. After that i got a GTX 550Ti and now i love PC gaming.

~Judah

First it was Minecraft... Then Battlefield 3... And finally the f*cking Steam sales killed me.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

For me, at around 2009-2010 I saw the awesome stuff people were doing with PC's (water cooling, ridiculous modding etc) And wanted a pc ever since(yes i know that stuff exists for consoles too, but COME ON! PC'S!They're just cooler), then FINALLY only this year were I able to get a good desktop pc (have been using laptops up until this point, so yeah this is my first desktop ever) :D

Although I've had a laptop with a gtx 420m that wasn't too shabby but I wasn't happy with it : / I felt like there was more, and I just couldn't get to it with the laptop I had.

Oh and Age of Empires II, and Empire Earth. Enough said....

For me, at around 2009-2010 I saw the awesome stuff people were doing with PC's (water cooling, ridiculous modding etc) And wanted a pc ever since(yes i know that stuff exists for consoles too, but COME ON! PC'S!They're just cooler), then FINALLY only this year were I able to get a good desktop pc (have been using laptops up until this point, so yeah this is my first desktop ever) :D

Although I've had a laptop with a gtx 420m that wasn't too shabby but I wasn't happy with it : / I felt like there was more, and I just couldn't get to it with the laptop I had.

Oh and Age of Empires II, and Empire Earth. Enough said....

i was using a dell optiplex gx270, then went to an 05 dell latitude d610 laptop, to my custom built computer i use now :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I got involved into PC gaming from counter-strike. I remember playing Condition Zero on the original Xbox. It was a mediocre, and quite frankly, terrible game. I played the multiplayer mode frequently, and started noticing the decline in popularity with the release of the next generation consoles. I was pretty disappointed, as it was a game I enjoyed very much and was one of the first multiplayer games I experienced. I did some research, and found out that the PC version of the game was still "booming" so, I decided to buy it on Steam. Unknowingly, I actually purchased a better version of the game, the original counter-strike. Although I was awful with the mouse and keyboard, and the competition I faced was miles more advanced compared to the auto-aim and slow movements I was use to on the consoles. Even though I sucked at the game, I still enjoyed it and played it off-and-on for about two years... Then I started playing Source, started getting into TF2 and eventually I built my own computer and started gaming exclusively on the PC. So, like many others, source games were what got me into PC gaming.

i was using a dell optiplex gx270, then went to an 05 dell latitude d610 laptop, to my custom built computer i use now :D

Cool :D, What are your PC's specs by the way? :o and how often do you upgrade/recommend upgrading?

I started with the old $8 Walmart games when I was 10, mainly the Stronghold series. Then my younger brother introduced me to Minecraft. The thing that made me start planning/saving for a nice gaming PC was actually a console... I bought an Xbox 360 last year and started playing BF3, then I watched some gameplay on YouTube and saw how much more fun it looked on PC...

My PS3 broke and TF2 went F2P and now I'm here. 

I had a laptop and saw videos of Garrys Mod, 4 years later, a few more games and I now have a proper gaming setup. I have not touched my console since.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

I had a laptop and saw videos of Garrys Mod, 4 years later, a few more games and I now have a proper gaming setup. I have not touched my console since.

hurray :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

started out with a floppy of jill of the jungle then moved to quake's then starcraft halo pc fear then got steam and branched out a lot more. first computer i had and still have is a intel 486idx 66mhz 4mb ram 512mb hdd

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Simple: My 1st ever game (Rise of Nations) is on the PC

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Simple: My 1st ever game (Rise of Nations) is on the PC

Oh god Rise of Nations <3

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Counter Strike 1.5 on my first computer about 10-12 years ago, then it just went, talking to friends on skype when playing Battlefield 1942, then on TeamSpeak 2 when playing Battlefield 2 and Project Reality. Im not bashing consoles but when I bought xbox 360 I was lacking something, I was lacking the ability to altab to desktop and go on google, search for stuff. PC's are overall better than console (to me ofc). The real experience comes on the computer and no console will come even close to it. Keyboard and mice so easy to use, interface of windows,linux or mac is also easy to use. Love the PC really. Love it.

Had Commodore 64 and Amiga 500 when i was a kid. Never got any Nintendo, so I grew up with the computers.

I started after seeing how much better games can be on pc than console. The pc community is also much better.

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

When I was a kid, my friend had just build a computer himself so I always found myself over at his house playing LAN games like star wars galactic battlegrounds or midtown madness 2 (still amazing).
We only had one computer in our own house, and it was some absolute heap of garbage...an early dell or compaq or something. Anyways, I then remember convincing my parents to at least throw a graphics card in there for my brother and I so we could play the games at our house. I think it was a geforce 6200 at the time...still terrible.
So i guess you could say it was him that got me super interested!

Cheaper games, console noobz are like "wow", Better graphics, competitive games and I feel like I play better on PC than console

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

The superior version of BF2, not the crappy version that was on consoles. Also to play Crysis. I built my pc right when Nvidia was having a bundle of the game with there 8800GTS/GTX series. Once I did that I never looked back at consoles.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

first i had a crappy laptop, which i played a few fps games on... stuff like cod 4. then i went to a ps3 and the graphics went up significantly but i could never get used to the controller... then i got a "gaming laptop" to get back to mouse and keyboard...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd