Bought an SSD for my PC. How do i transfer all my Data from HD to SSD?

Zonalar

Hello guys, I'll keep it short.

I bought myself a pretty neat Crucial MX100 (512GB, 2.5")for my PC to upgrade my rig a little bit. Now i want to transfer all my data from my Western Digital Harddisk (1TB big) to this SSD, so I can finally benefit from the speed.

So i'm sitting here and asking myself: "How do I do that now, without reinstalling everything?"

I have Windows 7 installed. Help or Guides that cover this topic are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

You can create a system image using Windows Backup.  Create a system repair disc first.  The repair disc will allow you to search for your image on your external drive or network without requiring Windows to be installed.

Edited by Michael McAllister

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I don't really have an external Drive... I guess i'm just gonna reinstall everything.

Can i still use the same Windows 7 Key? 

I just used this, http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html to copy a 40GB drive to a 80GB drive, has many easy to read info tidbits and a simple few-step process to copying drive to drive.

Amongst other stuff, It'll do what you need it to.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz